#4 | You'll Only See What I Let You

❝ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀʟᴜᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ❞

~♡~♡~

Classes were over quickly.

Shouto was ready to bolt out of the classroom before Aizawa stopped everyone for an announcement.

"Alright. I'm sure you all want to leave, as do I," he mumbled the last past. "But, the hero conference is a week away. The top 5 heroes, will be presenting there. And for any of you who don't know, that is

Mirko,

Edgeshot,

Best Jeanist,

Hawks,

And Endeavor.

I want you all on your best behavior. That's it. Now everyone, get out."

Everyone else rushed out of the class, excited for the weekend to finally begin. Shouto packed up slowly, waiting for everyone to leave before he made his exit.

"You okay, Todoroki?" Aizawa asked from his spot up front. "You've been standing there for a couple of minutes."

Shouto looked down to find he had stopped packing minutes ago.

"Sorry, yes. Just thinking." Shouto responded, finally zipping his bag and walking away.

Shouto could feel Aizawa's eyes on him the entire way out the door.

Shit. He couldn't risk Aizawa being suspicious of him, especially since he was sure Aizawa knew there was a traitor.

When he left class, he ran toward the dorms, ignoring Midoriya and Uraraka calling his name.

'It's okay, I only need to wait a week. Just act normal until then.'

Easier said than done.

~♡~♡~

"Hey, don't you think Todoroki is acting a bit...strange lately?" Uraraka asked.

"Kero. Yeah, I noticed too." Asui commented, putting a finger to her chin.

They had all realized. Every since they were confirmed about them attending the hero conference, Shouto had been acting...strangely, to put it simply.

"Maybe he's just nervous about the conference? His dad is gonna be there, after all." Midoriya shrugged.

"We should check on him! It is always good to comfort a friend!" Iida said, hands chopping the air.

"That's a great idea!" Midoriya smiled.

They all walked towards Heights Alliance, no talk between each other.

Finally, when reaching the elevator, Asui mentioned something.

"Guys. I don't want to accuse anyone, but it's not just when the hero conference was mentioned that I noticed Todoroki acting odd. Ever since school started he's been acting...weird."

"What do you mean?" Uraraka asked, tilting her head.

"Well, before the sports festival, we didn't have dorms yet. Todoroki and I usually walk the same way back to our houses, but he takes a turn down to the richer side. There were a couple of times where he didn't walk back home right away. Actually, I didn't see him walk back to his house at all. At first, I ruled it off as him going to visit a place, or maybe get food. But there was a time where he wasn't going home right away for a month straight."