#10 | Alternative Ending | You Don't Have To Hurt Anymore

❝ɪ ᴀᴍ ʙᴜɪʟᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ❞

~♡~♡~

Note: This takes place when Aizawa finds Shouto in chapter 7. Everything that has happened after the line 'To Shouto's shit luck, he ended up in a dead-end.' In chapter 7 did not happen in this ending. Also, chapter 8 basically doesn't exist in this ending.

Enjoy!

~♡~♡~

"Shouto." Aizawa puffed out, breathing heavily as a result of running after Shouto.

Shouto pulled his phone out, ready to contact Kurogiri. He kept his back to Aizawa.

"Shouto. Please listen." Aizawa begged, hand resting on his capture weapon.

Shouto attempted to calm his racing heart. Should he listen? Attack? Escape? He refused to face his old teacher. He could already feel the other's gaze burning onto his back.

"I promise I can help you. You can come back to UA. You don't have to do this alone." Desperation was obvious in Aizawa's voice.

"I can't," Shouto whispered. "I can't go back."

He was stuck. Stuck on the part of him that still wished to be a hero. The helpless 5-year-old him. The old him. Maybe he still wished to be a hero. But how could he? After all that he's done, he doesn't deserve the other's kindness.

"Why not?" Aizawa asked, taking a step closer to him.

Shouto lowered his head. "I'm a monster. Why would they let me go back?"

Aizawa looked at the bi-colored boy, whose back was still facing him. "You're not a monster. You're a kid. And I promise, no one thinks you are."

Shouto blinked, escalating tears falling down his face.

'I betrayed my friends. I'm the reason Bakugou got kidnapped. All Might had to retire because of me. I hurt everyone.'

Anger crawled up Shouto's back. "Stop lying. All you want to do is lock me up and prove my father's innocence. Why should I trust you?" He growled, as the wall blocking off his heart grew.

"You're not a monster. You're not evil. You were wrongfully hurt, and I'm sorry I didn't realize until too late. I promise I'll help you. I won't lock you up. It's not your fault. It never was." Aizawa breathed out.

"You can still be a hero, Shouto."

Shouto froze, as the words that once soothed his being resurfaced.

"You can still be a hero, Shouto" His mother whispered, quiet, but loud enough to break through Shouto's sobs.

'Mom'

Aizawa slowly made his way in front of Shouto, taking sight of his wide eyes and the tears that threatened to escape. He reached to grab the phone (which he can only assume to be the one Shouto contacted The League with) from Shouto carefully.

Shouto didn't bother putting up a fight. He flinched when Aizawa wrapped his arms around him, afraid he was going to hurt him.

Aizawa tightened the hug, as Shouto stood there, face to Aizawa's chest. Shouto slowly melted into the embrace, and soon enough, returned it. As the tears fell down his face faster, he gripped onto his teacher's hero suit, enjoying every piece of comfort he could obtain.

"I'm sorry." Shouto sobbed into Aizawa's chest. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I-I didn't want to."

Aizawa rubbed circles onto Shouto's back, "It's okay, kid. I know."