#6 | You're Gonna Catch A Cold, From The Ice Inside Your Soul

❝ᴀʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴛʜʀᴜꜱᴛ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ?❞

-ɢʀᴇɢᴏʀʏ ᴍᴀɢᴜɪʀᴇ

~♡~♡~

In a dark space known as the class 1-A common room, a TV plays.

"Enji Todoroki, the Number 1 Hero, is currently under investigation on accounts of domestic violence after son, Shouto Todoroki, exposed what he and his family went through for the past 10 years. What do you th-"

"Turn this shit off." Bakugou's voice was low and threatening.

No one did.

"-...Touya Todoroki, also known as the villain Dabi, made an appearance at the conference, proving to be working with Shouto Todoroki. This-"

Suddenly, a massive light source appeared. When the smoke dissolved, everyone saw the TV smashed, Bakugou standing in front of it.

It had been a full day since the discovery of Shouto being UA's traitor. All classes were canceled until further notice. It didn't exactly affect the other students, as they weren't close with the particular Todoroki, but for class 1-A, the betrayal was hell.

They felt as though they had lost one of their own.

And they had.

Shouto may not have been close with all of class 1-A, but they were considered a family. They've been through everything together.

But that's not exactly true, is it?

Because for some of them, USJ, or the Kamino incident was the darkest time of their lives, but for Shouto, it was his own home. By the age everyone gained their quirks, hung with friends, enjoyed their youth, he was forced to grow up. To be separated from the world and put through an agonizing, torturous childhood.

His home, his family, were his darkest moments. And he had to go through it all alone.

He watched his family, his life burn right in front of him. 

Some of them couldn't even find it within themselves to be mad at Shouto.

Because even with what he did, he was just protecting himself.

It hurt. Not only the betrayal but learning everything they loved about Shouto was fake.

He made it clear he hates heroes. That he would never associate himself with any of them. And no matter how many times Bakugou, Midoriya, Iida, or anyone in class 1-A convince themselves that they understand they must fight him one day, deep down, they can't.

Some even understand his reasoning.

Everyone took for granted what they had, when Shouto, had nothing. He was considered 'lucky'. He had a famous father, he was rich, lived in a mansion, how couldn't people be jealous of him? But they didn't know the full story.

Now they do.

And the cost, was a friend, an ally, 

A hero.

Bakugou soon left the common room making his way to his own dorm. Others quickly followed after him to their own rooms, not bothering to turn the TV off. In the distance, you can hear as the news spouts more bullshit about a situation they know nothing about.

Before going to his dorm, Bakugou went to the 5th floor, stopping right in front of Shouto's dorm.

Or at least what used to be Shouto's dorm.