#7 | I Should Warn Them Now To Stay Away

❝ꜱᴀᴅʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪꜱ ʙʏ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ❞

~♡~♡~

"Oh really? You're gonna use the 'Natsu' on me, huh?!" Natsuo glared at his mother. "May I remind you that you weren't even with us! You-"

"Enough!" Endeavor states, earning the attention of his family.

Natsuo rolls his eyes, "And you-" he starts laughing. It was menacing and mocking, "you realize it's all your fault right? You ruined everything. You killed Touya-...well I guess you didn't kill him, huh? Cause, he's still doing fine as ever, as a villain! And Shouto joined him! You're telling me you are actually surprised?!"

No one said anything. The silence deafening.

This was the first time the family had all been together (excluding Touya and Shouto), and it was as bad as you'd expect it to be.

"And now you have nothing to say." Natsuo brushes himself off, and walks to the door, "I'm not mad at Shouto. And I'm not mad at Touya. Because even though what they're doing is wrong, at least they aren't hiding it behind a facade as you did, Endeavor." Natsuo seethed, keeping his back to his family, he stepped out the door and slid it shut.

"I should go after h-" Fuyumi started.

"Just leave him, Fuyumi. He'll come to his senses soon enough." Rei spoke, still uncertain of what she said was actually true.

It hurt her. Especially when Natsuo lashed out at her. Because, he might have been mad, but he was speaking the truth. She wasn't there. She abandoned her family, but not before scaring them all. Especially Shouto. She betrayed him.

"It's okay, mom. It's not your fault." Fuyumi tried to comfort her.

"No. Natsuo is right. I wasn't there."

The awkwardness never seemed to leave.

"Dad. I know you might not want to talk about it, but are you gonna give a statement? A lot of people are kind of expecting one..." Fuyumi played with the hem of her shirt, her nervousness showing clearly.

"I'm not sure." Endeavor takes a moment, looking outside the window. The moon shining bright.

'I wonder where Touya and Shouto are...'

And although they're now villains, he can't help the guilt that eats away at his very being. It consumes him whole, as he thinks about all the damage he has caused them. His family.

All because of his selfish ambitions.

"I'm planning on giving a statement."

And he left it at that.

~♡~♡~

Shouto held a grocery bag in one hand, his phone in the other.

He managed to snatch some money (and by snatch, he meant steal), and is able to make an edible dinner for him and Touya. The rest weren't edible because Touya decided to go dumpster diving and on top of that, thought it was a good idea to cook what he found...himself.

Shouto might not be living in a mansion anymore. And he doesn't have access to his father's credit cards, but he was not going to lose his dignity by eating from a literal dumpster.

He didn't get much food, as they were still low on budget, but spaghetti and tomato sauce were enough for hopefully, the next couple of nights.