Chapter 28

A/N- I was going to do a sleepover type thing to merge the plot lines, but I started to write it and things just turned out differently. It's a lot more drama than before, but hopefully plot lines will merge more soon! I hope you guys like the next few chapters I will be publishing shortly. 

Xander's POV: 

When we got home I got a text from the group chat. 

Zion: What do you wanna do for your birthday man?

Me: I don't know probably just a chill day with my family. 

Damon: Come on dude I haven't seen you in forever.

Me: I know things have just been crazy lately. 

"Dude. Come on it's your birthday. Why not like a sleepover?" Liam said reading the chat himself. 

"Here?" 

"Why not?" 

"I don't know maybe my sister who wakes screaming every night. Maybe because I have had a secret from everyone for 15 years. Maybe because I'm scared..." 

"What are you scared of?" 

"What if they hate me, or are angry at me. What if they don't like Belle, or if Belle doesn't like them. What i-" 

"Have I been angry with you?" 

"No." 

"Has Mason?" 

"No." 

"Has Zion?"

"No but Zion and Mason haven't seen Belle when she's panicking.  They haven't seen her so scared you're wondering how she's standing. You haven't seen her that scared." 

Fuck I'm about to break down. 

"When she first came here.. She hardly talked. She always thought she was in trouble. She thought we were going to hit her. Abuse her.... She thought we were going to be like my Mom.....I'm not like my Mom Liam.." By this point I'm crying hard. 

Liam leaned over and hugged me. 

Liam's POV:

"You are nothing like her." I told Xan. 

"There's so much that happened to her, so much that we won't know. So much that we weren't there to protect her from. Why wasn't I there to protecter her man?" He said finally breaking down. 

"Your Mom made sure you weren't there man. All that matters is what you do now." 

"I treated her like shit when she got back...I yelled at her..The fear she had of me...I can't make her feel that way again man... I can't.." 

"Ok no party. We'll do whatever you want."