Chapter 4: Humans Shouldn't Have Ghost Powers

*Ben Tennyson*

Man, to think I had a crush on Kai Green just a year ago. That self-absorbed jerk looked like expired sour cream compared to just a quarter of Alex's beauty. And it wasn't even the looks I liked about her. It was the fact that she was just like me.

The annoying thing was Gwen had started budding up to Alex since last night, which meant the new bestie's were going to start the famous Girl Talk when I wasn't around to hear them. We started to drive back to Bellwood in the morning.

" When we get back, I am so going to take you to the new mall across town. We're going to such an awesome shopping spree!" Gwen said happily. Alex grimaced.

" Gwen, I hate to burst your bubble, but I really don't like shopping. I order all my clothes online." I smirked. Finally, a pretty girl that broke all those girly stereotypes that I hated. Gwen's shoulders slumped.

" Okay, what do you like?" Alex's violet eyes glimmered with happiness.

" I love saving lives, inventing spells to help big world problems, fighting villians that want to hurt innocent people, making people smile, watching others get so happy when I-" My eyes couldn't have gotten wider. She seemed to be the ultimate definition of what a hero should be into. Gwen shook her head.

" No. I mean everyday stuff." She bit her lip.

" But that's what I love doing."

" Just. . . name stuff you find interesting."

" Oh. Okay. I like vollenteering at homeless shelters, organizing fundraisers to stop global warming, astronomy, NASA, anti-gravity simulators, star-gazing, the moon and the sun. I also like mystery, fantasy, and studying ancient Greek and Roman architecture.

I, uh, like movies that combine action, humor, sci-fi, and a little bit of romance. And then there's the other genre I like, which is movies about ghosts, aliens, trolls and magic. I also love anime!

As long as all of the suffering and hardship amounts to some incredible lesson at the end, I'm happy. Like for example, I watched a show that disguised the power of the human will behind extremely action-packed scenes where teenagers had to fight for their lives in another world."

She seemed to passionate while talking about this. Not to mention continuously listing all of this without stopping. Her ability to talk this fast was incredible in itself. I grinned even wider. This girl just kept getting cooler and cooler by the second.

" You like video games?"

" Sometimes. It depends on how challenging they are. Most of them are really straight forward. I usually like the ones that make you figure out what you have to do. The ones that challenge your mind, you know, make you use your head to figure stuff out.

And most of them are space-themed." I grimaced. That sounded like a really awesome and independent way of thinking about video games. I couldn't felt help but feeling sort of embarrassed about my video game preferences.

" That's really cool." She was beaming.

" And really independent. I didn't think geeks like Ben could have much independence when it came to video games," Gwen said, smirking at me.

" I am not a geek!" I groaned.

" How would you describe me, based off my interests?" Alex asked. I thought about it for a second.

" Like a cross between a really, really athletic cheerleader, a super hero, an anime girl, and a brilliant astronomer," I said. Alex gave me her signature lopsided smile.