Chapter 6: Take On The World

*Gwen Tennyson*

Ben and Alex have been acting weird. And I don't mean Tennyson weird. I mean socially weird. They keep on refusing to make eye contact with each other and trying to avoid touching each other at all costs.

I think something personal happened up there on the roof last night. But I'm not asking them. . . okay fine, I'm totally getting to the bottom of this. But don't tell them, shhhh!

Anyway, it was 12:00 PM on Saturday when everyone finally woke up, so we ended up having brunch instead of breakfast. It was spring break for the next one and a half weeks after all.

Of course, Alex had woken up at about three in the morning to practice karate, gymnastics, and get her cardio up. Like that woman could get any more athletic then she already was. My guess was that she was actually practicing her plasma beams more then her flip-kicks.

" Where are we going today, Alex?" I asked.

" We gotta keep moving if we want to keep the Rooters off our tail. There are no more peices of the Moonstone to recover. I sent those back to school to be protected by my best friend." I frowned.

" Oh," I said, a little disappointed. Alex looked horrified.

" I mean, my school best friend."

" So, how about I introduce you to something called Girl Talk while we're going wherever it is we're going this weekend." Alex looked excited.

" Ooh, I've heard about that! I've never had a friend long enough for me to be introduced to it."

Jeez. . . Poor girl. I thought.

" Hey guys, we're gonna mix it up today. This time, we're going to a karaoke place in North Carolina," said Max. Alex looked over the moon excited.

" Really?! I have so been wanting to sing "Revolution" in your dimension. This is going to be so much fun!" She cried.

" What Revolution?" Ben asked, yawning and waking over to us. He rubbed his eyes and took in Alex's outfit. Today, she was wearing a white T-shirt that hugged her sides, a black cropped leather jacket with magenta lining, dark blue jeans and black heeled ankle boots.

She also wore an amethyst ring, her green watch, a beaded braclet, a daylight-colored jewel necklace, and black crystal studs. Her blonde hair was down to just above her waist today. Her bangs were brushed in a wave to the right so they hung over her face as always.

I wasn't going to lie. She looked like she was going to a party today. In fact, I was pretty sure I had just seen her in a ruby-red T-shirt with white cuffs, a jean jacket wrapped around her waist, light blue jeans, and white sneakers. How could she have possibly changed so quickly?

" So Ben, what do you think of Alex's outfit for tonight?" I asked. Ben’s face said' This girl is too pretty for my eyes to handle'. Which probably was true for any boy who looked at her.

" It. . . looks great on you."

" Thanks," she said with a big smile. She started twirling in a circle until she was going so fast, we couldn't see anything except a blur of color. A giant flash of sparkling white light, and she stopped spinning, reaturning to the outfit I had seen previously. A much more casual getup.

" So, what do we do in the meantime?" Ben asked.

" You could listen as I sample my music for you guys. I brought my favorite ones from back home," Alex offered. I smiled.

" Sounds like fun."

" Whatever. As long as it's not boring," said Ben.

*°*