Chapter 10: The Sundrop

*Ben Tennyson*

Previously on Ben 10: The Mana Princess. . . .

Alex: I keep my powers safely tucked away in the recesses of my soul. My true potential as the weilder of the magic of the Sundrop is far more potent then anyone could've imagined.

The incantation I sing expresses what the Sun symbolizes in Greek myth–since Apollo is the god of the Sun and the god of physicians, the Sun symbolizes the power to heal–the other incantation expresses the power of the Sun.

And if you figure out how to control it, the power inside the amulet on my chest would equal to that of a god. Which is why I can't let any mortal/alien take it. It would mean the end of the Multiverse as we know it.

***

" Ben, what's the latest on the scanners?" Max asked.

" Nothing so far," Ben reported.

***

Before Alex could gather the courage to lean in, the Rust-Bucket came to a screeching halt. They were all flung forward.

" Agh!" Ben yelped. Alex gasped, so surpised by the sudden stop, and distracted by Ben, she fell to the floor, and right on top of Ben. He fell so hard, his watch activated and a blinding flash of green light took over her vision.

***

" Oh good, your awake," Gwen said happily. Alex noticed something odd about her. Gwen's skin was paler then usual, and she looked very tired. There were dark lines under her startlingly deep magenta. . . Lwait a second.

Gwen's irises were brilliant green, like Ben's–not deep magenta. Alex blinked hard a couple times. Gwen's eyes returned to brilliant green when Alex looked again. She smiled brightly at her.

" Oh mi dioses, I must've hit my head harder then I thought," said Alex.

***********

" Find anything Alex?" Ben asked.

" Yeah. This peice of a red crystal," she said, holding it up higher for him to inspect. " I've seen this in an ancient book of enchanted jewels. The person who makes the jewel puts a magical spell on it.

And if you shine a direct beam of light through it, whoever sees it shimmering will start to have crazy obsessions, constantly drawn to seemingly random things that have a secret pattern.

Although I don't see why anyone, especially the Rooters would want to use it on us. There are so much better ways to confuse and confound us then a simple prank spell," she said with a raised eyebrow.

***********

" I thought I was hallucinating when I saw her eyes like that in the RV," Alex said, feeling stupid. " Ugh, I can't believe I overlooked that! A magic-using human's eyes turning a different color is a instant giveaway sign that they've been cursed," shesaid, frustrated with herself.

************

" We're going to have to reprogram her," Alex said to Ben, fighting to keep Gwen from kicking her way out of their hands. It was those few seconds of heavy breathing and elated silence that made Alex fully comprehend her arms wrapped tightly around Ben's torso.

Ben looked down at Alex's slightly pink arms and realized the same thing. They both blushed hotly. Out of growing embarrassment, shd let go of him and laced her hands behind her back, trying to pretend it had never happened.

Ben let go of his cousin just as quickly. The two avoided eye contact with each other. Ben even whistled nonchalantly like he had been doing it since they had gotten down there.