Chapter 7: Be The Change

*Ben Tennyson*

My best freind Alex Chase is an activist. But unlike most activists, she is an internet famous pop-singer. She uses her music and her popularity to get a reaction out of people. She believes that saving the earth means saving the humans, and the all other life on the planet.

To her, that means no pollution, no global-warming, no cutting down rain-forsests, no littering, no hunting almost extinct species and less killing of the animals with population explosions for sport. (And the darker side of our own human society that I don't want to go into.)

All in all, she's an amazing leader.

In fact, right now, we were headed to a Save The Earth protest in Wyoming that was going to be on national news at 7:00 tonight. We still had about six hours before we got there, which would give Alex plenty of time to get ready and protest with the others at the head of the crowd. For now, we were traveling from the top of Montana with Alex's instant-refill spell on the gas tank.

I walked up to the curtain and watched. A slender silhouette was pulling a dress over its head. I knew it was Alex immediately from the song. She was humming a very beautiful tune that that turned into the lyrics from a song.

" You and me run to a different beat" Alex walked out from behind the curtain and up to a stool with a pair of golden shoes. " We are brave, lead the way,"

I peaked behind the curtain and watched her finish putting on the first shoe. " Lead the way
Be the you inside" She stood up and walked over to her jewelry box.

She pulled out her favorite merged moon and sun stud earrings and walked up to a mirror. " And watch the world take flight
We are brave, lead the way," She finshed putting the earrings in and drew a large rectangle with her finger.

A full-length mirror took shape. " Lead the way" Alex twirled around in front of the mirror, admiring the slightly old-fashioned emerald green dress that seemed to sparkle when she moved.

We were going to a Save The Earth convention. That called for wearing the color of the Earth. " Be the change, be the change" Her eyes turned as emerald green as her dress, and sparkled with happiness.

I could tell this was one of her more special songs. " Be the change, be the change" She finished and spun around another time. I moved closed the curtain and watched Gwen come up to it.

" Cool new song, Alex," said Gwen. I saw Alex's shadow turn on the curtain.

" Oh, you heard that?" 

" Yeah. You sing pretty loudly," I said.

" Well, thanks. I've been working on the chorus all day." She came out from behind the curtain.

" I'm going to pretend I know what that means and say that it sounds incredible." Alex smiled at me and rolled her eyes.

" Whatever." Her blonde hair was once again up in a pony tail, only it wasn't nearly as long as usual.

Her long bangs seemed to be possibly an inch longer today, and hung over more of her face. It gave her more of a punk-rock look. Or, it would've, had she mot been wearing a dress. She looked. . . really pretty. Somehow more than usual.

" How about you send me on ahead to the concert so I can be spared another hour of Ben's flirting?" Gwen asked. Both Alex and I blushed.

" GWEN!!" We yelled.

" Urgh. You better not get into trouble, you hear me? Abeo Exorior!" Alex pointed at Gwen, who began to disappear inside a purple barrier with a knowing smirk on her face.