Chapter 5: Fort Knox VS Black Belt Karate

*Alex Chase*

Gwen was in a bad mood right now. And I honestly don't blame her. Magically spraining your wrist isn't fun. Especially when you're in full battle with the Rooters at the same time.

" Ben, any time now!" I yelled as I shot three more energy beams at Alan, who barely dodged.

" I trying!"

" I can only throw these powers at them for so long before they figure out how to adapt," I said loudly as I somersaulted across the lawn and hid behind a large tree. My favorite crimson red T-shirt had a large blast mark on it.

My jean shorts were ripped on the sides in three places. I was getting pretty tired fighting all by myself. And it wasn't helping that I had tried to look prettier today and put on like three necklaces, which meant very limited karate and acrobatics, unless I wanted the jewels to smack me in the face.

" Well, what's wrong with it?!" I yelled.

" It's stuck! I'd have gotten it unstuck faster if Gwen hadn't sprained her wrist with magic. And you don't have enough time to fix it, so I'm all alone here!" He yelled.

" Aw man!" I moaned to myself. I took a deep breath and forced all my emotions  to the surface. My vision changed so I was focusing on the color of the grass, the stems of flowers, and leaves on the evergreen trees.

That's how I knew my eyes were glowing green. I clenched my hand into a fist and neon green energy spread over it like a fire. I smirked. I jumped out from behind the tree and leaped into action.

°*°

" Ow! Don't touch it!" Gwen yelped three minutes later as we sped down the road at top speed while the Rooter's followed from behind.

" Sorry!" Ben said. He turned to me helplessly.

" Don't look at me. I'm busy keeping Alan from imploding the gas tank and. . . hey! Watch it!" I yelled at Kevin, who was hurling large vine tendrils of the ground at the Rust-Bucket with Wildvine's powers. Kevin grimaced.I threw an energy ball at his head just to have the last word.

" Ben, how about you take care of the Rooter's before you give yourself a heart attack, and I'll use my hair to heal Gwen's wrist?" Ben looked relieved.

" Thank god." He climbed onto the roof and closed the latch " It's hero time!" I heard him yell as I watched a bright flash of blinding green light explode out of nowhere from the window. I smiled. I turned back to Gwen, unable to stop.

" You really love Ben, don't you?" She asked me.

" You're one to talk. You love him just as much as you'd love a blood-related sibling." She sighed.

" Not the point."

" That wasn't a no," I teased. Gwen huffed with frustration.

" Just fix me." I wrapped a lock of my blond hair around her wrist three times and took a deep breath.

" Flower gleam and glow" I felt a warm feeling go tough my whole body and then the feeling shoot up to my scalp. That's how I knew it started. " Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse"

I watched the glow go down my eyeline and spread over the lock on Gwen's wrist. " Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine" I watched the glow fade from my hair. It turned back to a gorgeous shade of golden-blond.