Chapter 11: The Girl and The Traitor

*Gwen Tennyson*

It's been almost a year since the last time I saw Alex Chase. I'm twelve years old now, and so is Ben. Once again, we've had an incredibly eventful summer. Lots of fun, I'll admit. Nothing really worth mentioning.

It wasn't the same without her though. She'd been in the Magic Dimension, wherever that is, studying for terms. She still leaves messages for us every once in a while, telling Ben that she checks up on him and me now and then.

She's been watching our adventures. I can't wait for when she comes back. I miss my best freind. And so does Ben. But the way we met her again wasn't exactly the way we'd had in mind.

And it certainly hadn't involved a power-crazed witch hunting us down. Or Alex tearing apart Bellwood Park. Or jumping into a helicopter.

****

" Urgh! Hey, Tennyson kids! You are so dead!" I ran at top speed away from the alain menace chasing us. It was a porcupine alien who could talk. He was wearing an orange coat. And he had been selling dangerous weapons disguised as every day objects to the Forever Knights.

" You really had to destroy his entire supply of Taydenite cores?" I asked Ben as he dodged another laser blast.

" I didn't realize what they were until he started blasting us!" He yelped as the laser fire caught his shoulder. I grimaced.

" You cost me a major payday! Get back here!" The porcupine yelled.

" Not gonna happen, ya living pin cushion. It's hero time!" Ben yelled. He slapped the watch. He turned into Heatblast. He started shooting fire back at the porcupine.

" The names Argit, Tennyson. And don't you forget it!" He yelled. I shot a blast of magic back at him. Recently, my hair had grown another two inches and had darkened slightly in color, no longer the bright red it used to be.

I started wearing dark blue jeans instead of the white capris I used to. My shirt was the same brand, but now it was entirely royal blue. I had outgrown the cat that used to be there.

I had looked at a picture of myself and Ben from that vacation two years ago, and I noticed how my face and Ben's had begun to shape. The bottom didn't look as rounded anymore. We were growing up. Our slender figures hadn't changed that much though, even if I had begun to curve a little bit.

" You two aren't Plumbers! You don't have the authority to wreck my business and put me in jail for it," Argit yelled. I glared at him.

" Actually, we're Plumbers in training. And Ben's Omnitrix allows him the authority to arrest any alien criminals, as it's a weapon designed specifically for intergalactic peace. And peace cannot be achieved with low-lives with you running around," I said, throwing another disk of magic at him.

It shattered at his feet. I threw more, making sure to keep my balance and run at the same time. Ben smiled and pointed at me as he ran.

" Yeah, what she said," he commented. Ben stopped and drew a circle of fire in the ground and levitated us up. We flew up and away from him. That didn't stop Argit from following us. He used a hover board that looked suspiciously like Ben's.

Probably manufactured by the same aliens. I thought to myself. Ben turned around and glared down at Argit. He summoned another large fireball, but he never got a chance to fire it. Argit destroyed the ground we were standing under.

I screamed in fear. Calm down Gwen! You have to save yourself, and Ben! I yelled at myself. I shut my eyes and tried to concentrate. I summoned the magic inside of me and imagined a flat surface of pure hard light underneath of me.