Oblivion

So the song is Oblivion by Bastille. I thought it would be something Tom would either sing or say to someone he loved that was in need. I actually started to cry writing this chapter and listening to the song cause I'm an emotional sap.
WARNING: This chapter maybe intense for most readers.

------------------------
"Lexsy.... I didn't know. I'm so sorry." He hugged her tight as she sobbed into his chest.

"He wasn't bad when we first started to date, but the longer we were together the more aggressive he got. I've been in the hospital twice from the beatings and I had to lie about the injuries. I had to lie about who I was because if he knew...." She didn't finish her sentence. Alexsys didn't need to, Tom knew what she was trying to say. It broke his heart to hear this story, that someone could hurt her, his Lexsy.

"It's okay now. He's gone. I've got you. And I will never let you go." Tom whispered in her ear.

This information shattered him and made him nauseous but there should be no secrets between them. It would only tear down their relationship.

"I just, every time I think about Destin and my old life back there I get so scared that Jason will come for me. That he can find me through my dreams." Alexsys shook in Toms arms and he scooped her up.

"Come on darling." He murmured carrying her off to the bedroom. Tom laid her down as if she was made of glass, pulling the sheets up around her small body.

He climbed in next to her and instantly Alexsys was snuggled up against him. Tom let his fingers lazily trace over her arm, the tips barely touching her skin.

"Tom?"

"Yes darling?" Tom hummed.

"Do you love me?"

"Of course darling! Why do you ask?" He asked confused, and releasing her from his arms.

"Because if you don't really love me you don't want to see what I'm about to show you." She sat up, her hands shaking.

"What is it Lexsy?" His brows knit together in concern. Tom's lips pressed into a thin line disappearing into his ruddy beard.

"Please Tom. Don't say anything until I show you." Lexsy pleaded. He nodded silently becoming even more worried.

Lexsy slowly lifted her shirt, unsure how far she should take it. After some time she decided to take it off completely, a sports bra on underneath, she should be fine. Tom gasped at what he saw. Long scars and dots were spread across Lexsy's upper body. He reached out for her, his hands aching to touch every mark and make them go away.

"These are from Jason. Quite a crap gift if you ask me." Lexsy chuckled through hot tears. Tom's fists balled up, he held them so tight that his knuckles turned white and his palms became hot and red. She drew her finger over the long scars with painful memories flooding her mind.

"The long ones are from knives, he never cut past the skin but he liked to draw on me." She turned around showing a large 'J' etched on her. Tom winced at the image, his beautiful girl injured and marked by this jerk.
"I wasn't allowed to say anything while he tortured me, not a sound. It was hard." She tried to swallow but the lump in her throat wouldn't permit it.
"The round scars are from his cigarettes. He would extinguish them on my back." She cried pulling her shirt back on. "You can say something now Tom." She whispered sitting back on her heels.

"Lexsy... I...." He stammered unable to speak because of the tears streaming down his face.

Tom grabbed her wrists and pulled her to him. Burying his face into her neck he held her close. Lexsy sat across his lap, her legs draped over his thighs and her back turned to face him. She let her head fall down to his shoulder taking deep breaths. His sweet yet earthy pine scent calming her.

"Lexsy, thank you for telling me this. I am so very very sorry he did this to you. There isn't a whole lot I can say, is there darling?" Tom cupped her face, wiping away her tears with his thumb.

"Just hold me and tell me you'll never leave. I want to be your darling forever." She forced a smile.

"You are my darling. And I will never ever hurt you or leave you. I'm yours forever. My Princess." He kissed her forehead, tears coming from his eyes hot and fast.

"Thank you Prince Charming." She whispered.