Show You

The song is Above the Clouds of Pompeii by Bear's Den. I'm super obsessed with this song right now. I wanted this chapter to be kind of intense but I don't know if it came across like that. Hopefully you like it! \(•~•)/
-----------------------------

Alexsys got the morning mail and skimmed through it briefly as she walked back to her apartment.

"Bill, bill, junk, Netflix, invitation for Tom, letter from mom, bill. Wait. Letter from mom?" She stopped walking, taking in this shocking news "Great, just when my life was good I get a letter from her." She dialed Tom's number as she walked, the stress levels rising inside her.

"Hello beautiful, how can I help my favorite girl?" Tom's gentle and cheery voice came clear over the phone

"Tom, baby, I um got a letter from my mom."

Silence.

"Tom? Did you hear me?"

"Yes, I heard you, I'm just surprised. What does it say?"

"I haven't opened it yet, hold on." Alexsys sat the phone down on a nearby post and ripped open the envelope. She picked the phone back up and gasped into it.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, she uh, just wanted to know how I was. The rest is unimportant." Alexsys crammed the paper under her arm.

"Do I need to come home?" She could picture his face right then and it made her warm inside. But she pushed that out as the issue of answering his question smoothly came up.

"No, no, no I couldn't take you off set for a silly old letter." She chuckled with falseness in her voice.

"Alright, I guess I'll have to trust you. But I would like to read it when I do come home so don't go burning it."

"Roger wilco"

"Love you darling, see you later, I should be home about 3ish."

"Love you too Tom, I'll see you then." She hung up the phone and sighed. "He said not to burn it, self control don't fail me now."

-------------------------------------

Tom came inside quickly, one thing on his mind.

"Alexsys darling, I'm home!" He walked from the hallway into the kitchen checking for her. "Lexsy!"

"I'm in the office Tom!" She called back and Tom was relieved that she was okay.

"Hello lovey." He smiled hugging her tightly.

"Hiya Tom, you need to read this letter." She shoved the crumpled, tear stained paper into his hands.

"Are you okay Lexsy?" Tom asked noticing the ripples in the paper and the redness of her eyes.

"I'm fine, just read the letter."

He stood in silence reading the letter that had caused Alexsys so much trouble. His eyes flitted over the paper again and again, soaking up the words. Tom looked up at her when he was finished and clenched the letter at his side.

"Well?" She asked chewing her nail.

"You can't,"

"I have to Tom! I have to!"

"No you don't, you can stay with me, here. You don't have to go." He placed the paper on the nearby desk.

"Mom needs me"

"No, your mom doesn't need you. She wants you to come because Jason needs you. Please don't go. Don't leave me darling."

"Tom, I have to. Mom doesn't have Dad anymore and I'm her only family. I have to go."

"Then I'm coming with you and there's no second thought about it."

Alexsys sighed, why did Jason need her? And how would he react to Tom?