Chapter 3 - Easy Day

I woke to my alarm beeping drastically at me. I looked at the clocked 5am. Ugh, why did I go out after work. I slammed my hand down to shut off my alarm. I groaned and got ready for work. I headed into the kitchen and saw Mark and Lexie making breakfast. They are perfect for each other. "Morning!" Lexie chirply said. I groaned a good morning to them both, before I grabbed my travel mug and filled it with coffee. Coffee was my second best friend. I headed towards my car. A ford mustang. 

Once I arrived to work I was bombarded by residents. "Is it true, you are going to take the tumour out" Shane shouted at me. "Please, give me five minutes" I groaned at them. I headed into the attendings lounge and saw all the couples; Derek Shepherd with Meredith Grey. Christina Yang with Owen Hunt. Miranda Bailey with Ben Warren. Callie Torres with Arizona Robbins. April Kepner and Jackson Avery. Mark and Lexie. I sighed. Why can't I just have a relationship. I put my things in my locker when my buzzed. I looked down: 

Mysterious Woman: 

Hey, it's me, I wanted to say thank you for last night/

this morning. I had fun. 

Me:

Hey, no problem, I had fun to

I smiled that she actually messaged me. A lot of woman I meet and get their number never actually bother to message me back. "Ah Theo" a man said. I looked up and saw Chief Webber. "Hi sir" I said. "I see you want to take out the tumour from Isaac today" he pointed out. "I wanna leave it a couple more days, just go over some scans get some new ones and see how I will operate" I stated. "I think that is a good plan" He said and I smiled back at him. "Theo you really are putting some pressure on this tumour" Derek said to me. "Look I know you are the guy who operates on inoperable tumours but Isaac is a good friend of yours, actually all of yours. So I offered to do it, so it doesn't get conflicted if it goes wrong" I explained. "Nothing will go wrong, I trained you Axwell, and I am impressed at how far you have come" He smiled back at me. 

I looked back down at my phone and saw the mysterious texted me again. 

Mysterious Woman:

I have a free evening today, so would you like to 

have dinner with me, I know a cute italian place. 

Me:

I would love to send me the address. Meet you there, say 7pm

Mysterious Woman: 

Ok the address is... 7pm is good for me. See you there :)

 I shut my phone off with a smile and looked around the room to see everyone staring at me. "What" I shout. "You have been smiling the whole time whilst looking at your phone" Lexie states. "Fine, I have a date this evening" I finally say. "OOO who is the woman" Lexie scolds me. "To be honest, I don't know here name" I sigh. "Right a date with someone whose name you don't know" She slowly says. "Shouts like a murderer" She shouts. I shake my head and smile whilst I punch her in the arm. I look down and notice it is time for rounds. 

I reach the group of residents with their interns. "Ok where first" I ask them. They take me to Isaac's room. "Who is presenting" I say. Wilson steps forward. "Isaac, 48, has an inoperable tumour located on his spine. Was referred two days ago." Wilson finished. "Diagnosis" I questioned them. "Hemangioblastoma" Wilson quickly answered. "Well done, Wilson will be scrubbing in." I smile. I turn to Isaac. "Isaac, I know we were going to do the surgery today, but I wanted to leave it two days, just so I can go over scans, get some new ones, and I can prepare on how I will operate." I explain to him. He nods. " I don't mind waiting as long as you remove it" He eagerly states.

Once rounds are finished, I head to the surgical board. I notice Lexie staring at it. "I see you are going in to do a whipple" I point out. "Yeah, just gonna be a long day" She sighs. "I will come in and check up on you to see how you are doing" I suggested. "What did I do to deserve a best friend like you" She laughs. "I don't know" I laugh. I leave her and head to the lab. I have a 3D model of Isaac's spine and where tumour is. I start working on it. I write on the whiteboard of many possibilities of how I could operate, and all the outcomes. Most of them circled to Death or being paralyzed. I also listed all of the obstacles we could face. I notice I had been working for ages and I checked the time, and it was 6pm. Shit. I need to check Lexie. 

I rushed down to her OR. I saw her concentrating hard.  I walked in. "Lexie you good." I questioned her. "Yeah I am fine. You notice you have under an hour to get ready and go on a date" She states. I laugh at her. "Yeah, I am going now, Love you" I shout as I leave. I rushed to the attendings lounge and start rushing around. I see Arizona and Callie staring at my antics. "Does any of you have clothes I can borrow for my date, I am running late" I ask quickly. "Yes, here they are suit pants and a shirt, they will fit you" Arizona quickly said and gave me the clothes. They were by far my favourite couple. I change and walked out. I started to leave and Callie wolfed whistled at me. I laughed and headed out to go on my date with the mysterious woman. 

================================================================================

I hope you like this story. I am having fun writing it. 

Love you nerds.