Chapter 11 - Social Services

I was just about finishing up my surgery when my pager went off, showing that social services were in the main foyer. I hate when I have to deal with Social Services. Like why are they also so grumpy and mean to us doctors. Like we know we killed the child's parent, but stop making us feel bad jeez. 

Jacob's surgery went smoothly as anything. His brain tumour is gone, and his brain bleed was an easy fix. Robbins was in the OR with me, just because it was a pediatric case as well as neuro. 

I walked out of the OR and went up to the main foyer. That is when I saw my gorgeously, stunning sexy I must add girlfriend talking to who I assume is the woman from social services. She looked like a right bitch. She had a right smug look on her that I just wanted to slap away. But that would be assault, so I don't think so. 

I approached them.  "Ah you must be Dr Axwell" she pointed the obvious out. Is she dumb or something. No I am the freaking queen. "Yes, I am" I reply with a handshake. You know gotta make an impression. "I am Mrs Crow" I almost died of laughter right there. Imagine having Crow as your fucking last name. Now that is class. "And this must be Charlotte" said the crow woman looking down at the 4 year old snuggled into Lizzie's chest. "Who are you" Mrs Crow said blankly. "Th-" I was about to introduce Lizzie, but she interrupted me.  "I am Elizabeth, but call me Lizzie. I am Dr Axwell's girlfriend" She says proudly whilst shaking the Crow's hand. "Can we go somewhere more private and I don't think Charlotte should be in the room with us." Crow asks. God she is bloody annoying. "Follow me, but Chalotte doesn't want to leave us, she will be fine." I say with a smug look on my face. I think she already hates me. 

They followed me into a conference room. I looked out the window and saw all my friends outside waiting. I shook my head and laughed a little bit before closing the blinds and shutting the door. Mrs Crow sat down, and me Lizzie sat opposite her. Charlotte bless her decided to sit on my lap. I was surprised at first, but she kinda grew on me. Mrs Crow, the fugly looking woman she is, took loads of documents out. "So Dr Axwell I need to know what happened that day of Charlotte father's death." Oh shit, fuck erm.. right ok, I can remember, right. "Well I had the day off, and went out hiking with Lizzie. Then I got a phone call from Dr Lexie Grey, who said they had a neuro trauma. I asked if Dr Shepherd was free, but he was in another surgery and he couldn't leave it. So me and Lizzie managed to get to the hospital as fast as possible. I went straight to the trauma room, where I saw that Dan had an axe in his head. So I rushed him into surgery, but before I went in, I went and updated Charlotte as I knew she would be worried and confused about her dad. I then went into surgery and there was nothing we could do. I pronounced him brain dead in the OR, but put him in the ICU so Charlotte could say her goodbye. Charlotte said goodbye to her dad and I turned off the ventilator and he died and 17:22 pm." I recalled the day. Charlotte fell asleep in my arms. I looked over at Lizzie and she smiled at me. "Ok thank you Dr Axwell, now I know Charlotte has no other family, so we will have to put her up for adoption, so people can adopt her, or someone fosters her" Crow said. I sighed and looked down at the girl sleeping in my arms. I can't leave her all alone, not after what had happened. 

Mrs Crow was about to start filling out all the forms so Charlotte can be put up for adoption. "Wait stop" Mrs Crow and Lizzie stared at me. I sighed. " I can't let her be put up for adoption, she has lost the one thing to her, she will never see him again, we can't make her life harder than it already is. So please let me adopt her" I say. Lizzie stares at me wide eyed. Mrs Crow had a surprised expression on her face. She can fuck right off. 

You know when you get that feeling, where time moves so slowly, and you feel like everyone is looking right into your soul. Yep, that feeling. Well this is what is happening with me right now. "I am hearing this correctly, you would like to adopt Charlotte" I nodded. "Yes I would" God could this woman just leave. "Ok, well I have heard you live with other Doctors, first that needs to change, you have to get a house or apartment on your own, you need a room for Charlotte. There will be monthly visits to see how you and Charlotte are doing." Mrs Crow pointed out. "Ok, can I take her home, then I will look and move into place within the week" I compromise. "Yes I can accept that. Now Charlotte Emily Green, is now Dr Theodora White Axell's daughter." Mrs Crow stated. I had the biggest smile on my face. 

I stood up with Charlotte still sleeping in my arms, I shook Mrs Crow hand, and we walked out of the conference room. She left and the others that were waiting outside were staring at both of us looking for answers. "Ok, guys, this little monkey is now my daughter" I smile. The whole group cheer and come for a huge group hug. Once we pulled out. I looked at Lizzie and she kissed me. 

I have a freaking daughter now. 

Wait, I am a mum now. Oh fuck. 

================================================================================

I am back guys, I feel like this is maybe may favorite chapter so far. Hope you liked it. 

Love you nerds.