Chapter 25 - She needs rest

Lizzie's POV:

So after our very successful dinner with my mum and sisters. Me and Theo had some good workouts that night. I must say she is very good

The next morning we woke up early and decided to go to Scarlett's and pick up Charlotte. I think Theo was missing her a lot and need her little human cuddles.

It's been a few days since picking up Charlotte and I'm starting to get concerned for Theo. She is working 24/7 and everyday she comes home she looks worse than the day before. I know her job can be draining but I didn't expect it to get this bad.

She wakes up before I do, gets ready and gets Charlotte ready and they leave about an hour before me. Then she gets home late so I sometimes pick Charlotte up and she has a couple hours sleep before she starts again. I am getting very worried that something will go wrong.

Right now I am sitting on the sofa watching cartoons with Charlotte and waiting again for Theo to come home. After the episode finished I saw Charlotte asleep on my lap whilst sucking her thumb. She looked so cute and peaceful. I gently picked her up and walked upstairs with her and tucking her in. I left her little night light on and gently pulled the door to.

As I was coming down the stairs I heard the front door shut. Finally she is home. I walk into the kitchen and see she is reheating her dinner I made.

"Hey baby" I say softly trying not to make her jump. She turns around and looks at me. She has these horrid bags under her eyes that I fell in love with. She looks pale than usual and looks defeated.

"Hi" she whispers with a small smile. I walk round to her and pull her in for a hug. I feel her shoulders relax and her hands are gripping onto my top for dear life. I slowly manage to walk us over to the sofa with her still clinging onto me.

I sit down and put her head in my lap. I gently stroke my fingers through her hair. "Baby you are  biting yourself out" I say to hear hoping she would notice it. "I know but I'm so close, so close" close to what I have no idea what she is talking about.

"What are you close to my love" I say gently kissing her temple and I hear her sigh. "Me and derek are finding a cure for Alzheimer's and we are really close" she says and I now know why she is drained. Derek and her are a good team but drain themselves together.

"That's amazing baby, but I want you to take a day off tomorrow to rest ok" I say hoping she wouldn't get mad. I didn't hear a reply so I look down and see she is asleep and snoring lightly. I stay there stroking her hair soothing her into a deep sleep.

I woke up to someone's phone ringing and notice me and Theo are snuggled up on the sofa together. I finally open my eyes are listen out for the phone again and realise it is in Theo pocket.

"Hello I groggily say.
"Hi is Theo there" I hear a man say and I think it's Derek.
"She is asleep right now" I say looking back at  my gorgeous girlfriend finally getting some sleep.
"She needs to come to the hospital and it's Derek" I hear Derek on the other end. Does he not see that she is exhausted. So I go overprotective on him.
"No, she isn't coming in today unfortunately she is unwell" I sternly say and he says ok and ends the call.

I put the phone on the coffee table and then next thing I know I am getting pulled down into Theo's chest.

"Thank you Lizzie" she says into my neck and I give her forehead a kiss.

"I love you so much" she whispers. "I love you too" I smile at her.

After about another hour napping we both hear small feet running around upstairs.

"Theo I wate" we both hear Charlotte scream and we both look at each other giggle.

"I think a family day is needed" Theo Says and kisses me. God I love my little family I have already and I hope we can expand it. She is my future. I know we haven't been together long but I love her with my whole heart and Charlotte too.

====================================
There you go my peeps. Sorry it's been a while.
Love you nerds.