12. New Leaf.

no this is not an animal crossing chapter. though they might talk about acnh a little.

but first

noice. now i need 19 people to vote and no one to read.

thank you all!

『•• All of the sudden, it's time to go outside again for some fresh air. We all pile out into the concrete dungeon we call outside. ••』

We sit by the wall again, and we just kind of stare off into the distance. How we could easily run off and never come back. But of course, we're stuck in this shitty private school.

"Look at the trees over there!" Techno says, finally warming up to us. I display a faint smile.

i'm so sorry but home by cavetown just came on and i almost started sobbing

"I kind of want to.. run away. It just seems so nice out there, and seems sort of like a prison in here." I say.

"Nook Inc. presents the Deserted Island Getaway package." Wilbur blurts.

Everyone starts chuckling, and we go back to staring out into the distance. Around us, various kids shouting or playing games, staring at us or staring out at the distance, playing tag, hide and seek, cards, etc.

"You know how Wilbur said that the principal picks out shy people in groups?" Ranboo asks.

"Yeah?" We all ask.

"What if we went around to all the kids and shouted in their face until they eventually 1: get nervous, 2: get confused, or 3: do nothing. Do you think that's a good idea?"

"Well i mean i'd do it to shout in their faces. Sure." I say.

A handful of yes-es and okay-s later, we end up yelling in a lot of nervous kids faces and afterwards ask them if the principal had talked to them. ALL OF THE KIDS, i mean all of the 50 or so kids we yelled at, SAY YES!

We all decide to ask more confident kids if the principal said anything to them, and a little bit of them say yes. But, most of them say no.

Does that prove Wilbur's theory? Maybe, i never yelled in the confident kids faces. Social experiments are cool. Anyways, a few minutes before the outside break time ends, i come up with an idea or two.

"So what if we had a few 'test subjects'? Like, we take a couple kids out of our friend group, to be test subjects. Before you interject, let me explain. Okay, so if Mr. Harrison spots out shy kids, how about we take test subjects and force them to act shy around the principal?" I ask.

"That could work, but that's also the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Let's do it!" Techno says.

"Who'll be the guinea pigs?" Ranboo asks.

"Maybe.. Ranboo and Fundy? And maybe Niki?" I say.

"I'll do it." Fundy says.

"Yeah, okay. Niki?" Ranboo agrees.