2 | The High Priestess

A few days ago, she and Kagura agreed to visit Shigure together and (Y/N) was looking forward to spending time with them

When she arrived at Kagura's, she found the older girl pacing around anxiously outside her home, her scattered footprints marking the soil outside.

Like a boar, noticed (Y/N).

"Good afternoon, Y/N-san!" greeted Kagura when she saw her, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "Have you eaten? Shall we go?"

"I have," answered (Y/N), moving to meet her. "Good afternoon, Kagura-san."

"(Y/N)'s here!" yelled Kagura in the direction of the doorway. "Goodbye, Mother!"

Together they set off, walking towards the Sohma Estate's main gate. It was a bright, sunny day, and they were on their way to to the house where Kagura's beloved was staying, but Kagura herself seemed down.

(Y/N) was surprised to notice Kagura was similar to Akito that way.

"How are you, Kagura-san?" she asked.

"Oh," murmured Kagura, her head bowed low. "I'm... just excited to see Kyo-kun."

"He has been missing for months," agreed (Y/N), noting the way Kagura's response didn't match her expression.

"Are you sure you want to walk to Shigure-sensei's house? We can take one of the cars if you want."

Kagura smiled. "It's fine, (Y/N). I want to walk with you."

༻❁༺

When they finally arrived at the house, it was nearly mid-afternoon. A girl was standing outside, with brown hair and an unfamiliar face.

"Um, excuse me... Is Kyo-kun here?" Kagura asked the stranger, donning a shy and soft-spoken persona.

(Y/N) grimaced. That's always how Kagura acts... before she beats Kyo into the ground. The calm before the storm.

"Kyo-kun is currently at war with chives," the stranger replied.

Although unsure of what she meant, Kagura nodded and ran inside, leaving (Y/N) behind with the stranger.

"Oh! Good afternoon! I'm Tohru Honda!" introduced the stranger.

"Good afternoon, I'm (Y/N) Sohma," she returned, flashing what she hoped was a friendly smile. "And that was Kagura Sohma."

Tohru's eyes widened, and (Y/N) could almost hear the cogs in her head turning.

Kagura's cry of "I MISSED YOU, KYO-KUN!" could be heard from miles away. It was followed by a loud smacking sound and Kyo's yells of pain.

"Shall we enter?" asked (Y/N), walking past Tohru to open the door.

"Oh, of course."

The inside of the house looked just like she remembered. Which made sense since she visited them three weeks ago. The only additions were Kyo, Tohru, and an assortment of cracks and splinters lining the walls and floor.

"Oh hello, (Y/N)-kun," greeted Shigure when she entered the room.

"Good afternoon, Shigure-sensei," she replied. "Hey, Yuki."

He nodded.

For a while they just watched Kagura express her love for Kyo in the form of violence.

"(Y/N) and Kagura are both members of the Zodiac," Shigure said when (Y/N) took a seat near him, smiling up at a confused Tohru.

"Wow, really?"

"Yes. Would you like to try guessing our Zodiac animals, Honda-san?" (Y/N) offered.

"Yes!" Tohru beamed, turning her gaze back to Kagura.

At that exact moment, Kyo went flying past them, landing on Shigure's tv and splitting it in half.

He looked dazed, glancing at the others in the room, before narrowing his eyes at the girl sitting beside Shigure.

He hadn't seen her in quite some time, but there was no mistaking her.

"(Y/N)." Kyo murmured.

He opened his mouth to speak again, but before he could say anything else, Kagura yanked him by the front of his shirt and continued her barrage of attacks on him.

When she was finally done with him and he was lying on the sandy ground in a broken heap, he locked eyes with (Y/N) and lifted his hand to pat his face twice.

ᴢᴏᴅɪᴀᴄ ᴄʟᴜᴇꜱ

• It was Shigure who inspired (Y/N) to write. She was always pressured to excel in everything she did, so she started writing as a form of escape. Shigure read some of her work and helped her establish herself as a novelist.

• When Tohru first saw her, she thought (Y/N) looked really pretty.