4 | The Emperor

"Are Kyo-kun and (Y/N)-san close?" asked Tohru as she and Kagura played cards in her room

"Are Kyo-kun and (Y/N)-san close?" asked Tohru as she and Kagura played cards in her room. They were waiting for the other girl, who was up on the roof talking to Kyo.

"Hmm," hummed Kagura thoughtfully, holding her cards close to her chest.

"(Y/N)'s important to me," she began softly. "She makes everything better. And I feel safe when I'm with her, because I know I can trust her. Maybe Kyo-kun feels the same way."

She looked deep in thought, her cards lying on the table, forgotten.

"You and (Y/N)-san must be good friends," said Tohru. "She seems like a good person."

"She is!" agreed Kagura. "She cares about us and tries her best to... help us." Her face darkened. "If only she lets us help her too."

Someone knocked on the door, making Tohru squeak in surprise.

It was (Y/N). She was probably done talking to Kyo. "Kagura-san? Honda-san?"

Kagura's cheeks reddened. "(Y/N)! Hello!"

She stepped inside. "Oh, you're playing cards. Is it alright if I sleep ahead? I'm feeling rather tired."

There was a melancholic look in (Y/N)'s eyes, but she was also smiling slightly.

Tohru wondered what she and Kyo talked about.

"Me too," piped Kagura, rising from her seat. "Night, (Y/N)-san! Honda-san!"

"Yes, good night!"

"Good night!"

I want to know more about you, thought Tohru as she was drifting off to sleep. I wonder which animal of the Zodiac you are, (Y/N)-san.

༻❁༺

"Thank you for your help, Sensei," (Y/N) said as she and Kagura got ready to leave. "I really enjoyed my stay here. Sensei, Honda-san, Kyo, Yuki, take care."

"I hate you, Kyo!" cried Kagura, turning to leave.

"Kagura-san, wait!" warned (Y/N).

Kagura didn't seem to hear her, as she charged on and threw the door open.

On the other side was a deliveryman.

A man.

There was a puff of yellow smoke, and (Y/N) rushed forward, scooping the transformed Kagura in her arms before she hit the ground, hiding her from the deliveryman's view. Yuki moved past her to distract the guy.

"A boar!" Tohru exclaimed happily after the flustered man left. "You look so cute, Kagura-san!"

(Y/N) was about to chime in, but the ringing of her phone interrupted her.

"It's from the Main Estate," she muttered, looking at the screen with an unreadable expression on her face. She let Boar Kagura down on the ground gently before moving away from the group to answer the call.