16 | The Tower

"I'm glad," she blurted out, and the other three turned to face her

"I'm glad," she blurted out, and the other three turned to face her. "That I met all of you. That I met you, Honda-san... I'm glad we're all friends."

"Then we'll be friends forever." Tohru promised, smiling back at her. (Y/N) wondered if she knew about their possible future.

Yuki, who was lounging against an tree trunk, chuckled lightly at this and agreed, "Forever it is then."

"Forever, huh?" Kyo mumbled thoughtfully.

(Y/N) smiled. "Forever."

All of a sudden, they were surrounded by purple mist. There were flashes of bare skin, rustling of clothes, then out of the mist popped Ayame Sohma.

"How have you been, my dearest brother?" He asked dramatically, leaping out from behind a sturdy tree. "Aren't you glad to see me?"

The four of them let out nearly identical sounds of surprise.

"Ayame-san!" Tohru greeted after she had recovered. "Good afternoon!"

"Oh, Tohru!" Ayame smiled. "And Kyonkichi! Hello, hello, you two!"

His gaze landed on (Y/N), who was standing awkwardly beside them.

"Good afternoon, Ayame-san." She lowered her head in a respectful bow. "I see you and Yuki are... closer now?"

"Indeed, dearest (Y/N)!" Ayame cried, scooping her up in a hug. "We have replanted the seeds that will grow into a fine tree of our brotherly love!"

"Ah," She murmured, a little confused. Nevertheless, she was happy for them. "I see... It's nice to see you again, Ayame-san."

He pulled away, beaming. "And you. I haven't seen you since the last Banquet. I'm sure many things has happened since then."

Ayame studied her for a moment, before looking up and facing the others with a smile.

He turned to Kyo first. "Kyonkichi, you endearing boy, head home. I swung by earlier and Kazuma-san was calling, said he wanted to see you."

Kyo's eyes brightened. He looked at Tohru, who gave him a reassuring nod.

"Alright." He glanced at the others before gathering their picnic things in the basket and heading back to Shigure Sohma's home.

After he had left, Ayame hummed thoughtfully. "(Y/N), Yuki, Tohru, would you like to visit my shop? I'm sure Mine would like to see you again Tohru, and (Y/N) and I have a lot of catching up to do!"

He turned to address his brother. "And you of course, Yuki! I want to spend more time with my darling little brother before we part from each other again!"

༻❁༺

The trip to the shop was uneventful. A bespectacled young woman greeted them when they arrived and introduced herself as Mine Kuramae.