17 | The Star

"Ah! You're here!" Shigure greeted when they arrived home

"Ah! You're here!" Shigure greeted when they arrived home. Ayame was still tagging along behind them, and at the sight of Shigure he fell into a dramatic pose.

"Gure-san!" Ayame gasped, clutching his chest. "How wonderful to see you again!"

"And you, dear Aya!" Shigure replied, as equally dramatic, before turning to address the youngsters and saying, "I have some good news, everyone."

"Yes, sensei?" (Y/N) asked, pouring herself a glass of water. "What is it?"

"As we speak, pages of your book are being printed out. It's all good now. You've got papers to sign though, so give Mitchan a call when you can." Shigure smiled, looking proud of his student. "It'll hit the shelves next week."

Tohru beamed. "That's really great, (Y/N)-san! I'll make sure to buy a copy!"

"Congratulations!" Ayame and Yuki said in unison, glancing back at each other in surprise.

"Thanks, everyone!" The Fox grinned, unaware of Shigure watching her reaction carefully. "Look forward to it!"

"Oh, but we should celebrate!" Ayame suggested, so excited he looked like he was going to lift (Y/N) up in the air. "Everyone! I'm taking you out for dinner! My treat!"

"Aya!" cried Shigure, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "How kind of you!"

"Anything for you, my dear Gure-san!"

Tohru smiled at their antics, but her joyful expression was replaced by one of worry when she remembered that a member of the household still hasn't returned.

"What about Kyo-kun?" Tohru asked. "If we're going out to eat, shouldn't we wait for him?"

(Y/N) was nodding her head to agree when the door swung open, bringing in a fresh breeze of cold air.

"I'm here," announced Kyo, stepping inside the room. "I already ate, though."

"Nonsense!" (Y/N) said dismissively, unconsciously adopting Shigure and Ayame's dramatic mannerisms. "You have to celebrate with us, Kyo! C'mon!"

"The more, the merrier!" Ayame agreed cheerfully, herding the youngsters outside with his long arms. Kyo tried to resist, but his protests were drowned out by the girls' amused laughter. "The restaurant's only a few kilometers away! Let's go!"

༻❁༺

After dinner, the group dispersed. Ayame and Shigure set off towards the Main Estste, while Kyo, Tohru, Yuki and (Y/N) headed home.

"Are you spending the night here, (Y/N)-san?" Yuki inquired as he climbed the stairs up to his room.

"Yeah," The Fox confirmed, lingering near the doorway. "Good night, Yuki, Kyo."

"Good night..." They chorused, heading to their respective rooms.

With that she switched off the hallway lights and headed out to the garden. It really was a beautiful night. The moon was already high up in the sky, gleaming bright and full against the darkness. A cacophony of cricket chirps surrounded her, their sounds resembling the melody of a song she knew, further accentuating the uniqueness of the evening.