6 | The Lovers

The people in the room were loud

The people in the room were loud. All of them seemed to be speaking at once, and most of them were focused on a sole figure in the middle of the room.

Yuki.

In a dress.

"Hello, good morning..." (Y/N) murmured after recovering from her initial shock.

"(Y/N)-san!" rejoiced Tohru, moving to greet her. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Same here, Honda-san. Our school's student council was invited to take part in your cultural festival. I thought I'd surprise you."

She turned to face Yuki, amusement and concern shaping her features into a strange expression.

"Good morning, Yuki-kun. Hey, Kyo."

Kyo acknowledged her with a nod.

"Good morning, (Y/N)-san," Yuki replied smoothly, like he was used to talking to her in a dress. She wondered how he could bear it, knowing that he hated being treated like a girl.

"How are you enjoying our cultural festival so far?" He asked, while some of the other people in the room spectated their exchange with curious eyes.

"I just got here," she sighed. "But your class's booth seems fun!"

"I'll give you a tour, (Y/N)-san!" Tohru offered, taking her arm and leading her away from Yuki.

(Y/N) smiled. It seemed like their classmates put a lot of thought and effort into their booth. There were a lot of people there, and she was happy their booth was a success.

Although it's probably Yuki attracting most of the customers, she thought. Well he's worth it, I suppose.

They strode over to a nearby onigiri stand, manned by a raven-haired girl with her hair in a braid.

"These look good, Honda-san!" (Y/N) praised, admiring the rice balls lined up neatly in rows. "The cat ones look really cute!"

Kyo's brows furrowed when he heard her, watching as she bought a few of them.

Before she could take a bite, she saw a blond-haired figure appear out of nowhere and leap onto Yuki's back, distracting her from her onigiri.

Momiji.

༻❁༺

"You damn brat!" Kyo said in exasperation. "Do you have any idea what you've done?"

They had just arrived at the rooftop, where Tohru brought Momiji after he embraced her and successfully turned into a rabbit.

(Y/N) was still laughing at Yuki's "distraction", during which he faced his classmates and acted all cute so they'd forget about Momiji disappearing.

"'Weird'? Then I'm weird too! I'm a boy, and yet..."

She snickered, before turning to speak to the transformed Momiji.