21 | The World

This is the final card of the Arcana, representing an end to the cycle of life, a pause before the next phase

They say it means completion. A sign that the universe is smiling down upon you, that luck is finally on your side.

This marks the start of the final chapter, the beginning of the end.

"You'll see... You'll all see—that what we have... is real!"

Akito's eyes gleamed red before she brought the teapot down with the force of a thousand suns.

"Hey, Akito-san, wait!"

"Die!"

"Stop it!" (Y/N) snarled, raising an arm to protect herself. As the teapot slammed against it with enough force to cause a fracture, she grabbed Akito's hand with the other and twisted it to disarm her.

The teapot she was wielding fell to the ground and broke into pieces like a rock under pressure, cold tea and porcelain shards scattering everywhere.

Thinking fast, (Y/N) grabbed hold of  Akito and held her tightly, forcing the two of them into a sitting position.

"Calm down, Akito-san." She tried to console, flinching as the other woman thrashed in her arms. "It's over."

"No!" Akito howled, tears dripping down her face. "This isn't real this isn't real this isn't real!"

(Y/N) inhaled slowly, trying to think of ways to help. "I know you're scared, Akito-san, but there's nothing to be afraid of. Really. I'm here... Just breathe."

"You're lying!" A devastated Akito sobbed. "I know you'll leave me, everyone always does! Everyone lies!"

"That's not true," (Y/N) reassured, though she certainly was thinking about leaving moments before. "I'm not lying."

It felt awkward to be comforting the one who had caused your trauma. Someone who wouldn't think twice about ending your life. Still, there was an unknown force compelling (Y/N) to help, and she did so. Perhaps it was a residue of the Fox spirit's influence.