Chapter 4

The guards' dark eyes were on Taehyung. They were looking at him in a way that made Taehyung feel uncomfortable, with disgust crawling over his skin and a distinct cold sweat gathering at his temples. Suddenly the idea of whatever it was that was waiting for him in the dungeon felt like a safer option than staying here with five alphas all thinking about having a piece of him when he had no means of protecting himself.

When the guard with the blackest, beadiest eyes took a step toward Taehyung, licking his lips, his sinister intentions quite clear by the fiddling of the fastening of his pants, another guard, a blue-eyed one, stepped in his way, silently objecting to his actions, clearly wanting to protect Taehyung.

Taehyung turned his damp gaze to the blue eyes, feeling grateful for this last bit of kindness by a stranger who had no reason to help him.

"What does it matter what happens to him now!? He'll be dead in a minute, might as well take advantage while we can!" Beady eyes spoke harshly, uncaring that Taehyung was right there, listening in horror

"I would rather you let him die with dignity, if you don't mind." Blue Eyes answered quietly.

"Seriously? Since when have you cared about what happens to the prisoners?"

"Since now. Besides, what do you think will happen to you when the King finds out what you've done -if you have the one thing he wanted -waited for- for years...? I wouldn't risk it if I were you..." The blue eyes stared at the black ones until they turned away, clearly annoyed at being outsmarted.

Still not quite sure what was going on, Taehyung hesitated until he heard another one of the guards say:

"Get up sweetcakes, time to meet your maker."

Beady Eyes huffed in annoyance and poked Taehyung in the ribs with the end of his sheathed sword, making him yelp with pain.

Even though Taehyung was feeling dazed and numb after all the seemingly never-ending drama, he was still clinging onto hope, even in the face of such impossibility. With every dropping step, however, Taehyung felt his chances of escape diminish, his hope only to be replaced by dread and finally... fear.