Chapter 12

JungKook woke up hot. He was surrounded by warmth and softness much larger than when he fell asleep with.

Running his fingers over the shape next to him, he realised the softness was fur, not skin. The softest, smoothest fur he had ever felt. And white. Snow white and perfect -just like its human form.

JungKook smiled and pushed his nose into the soft coat, feeling it tickle his face. He recognised Taehyung's scent, it was just as full of spring blossoms and honeysuckle as it had been before. JungKook already felt utterly enchanted by it, unable to even fathom the thought that he'd ever be able to live without the Omega.

"Hello beautiful." JungKook said when Taehyung stirred, the beautiful silvery blue eyes turning toward JungKook. Immediately the wet nose found JungKook's neck and the softness rubbed against him, mixing their scents -somehow it felt like a complete acceptance of their informal pairing when even Taehyung's wolf wanted it.

"I'm so glad you're able to shift again Taehyung, even if this feels a little strange." He chuckled. "I can't believe you had the patience to be with me like this for weeks. You really are an angel." JungKook ran his fingers through the soft coat and Taehyung's eyes half closed in pleasure.

Unable to withstand the inability to speak any longer, Taehyung shifted and wrapped his human form around JungKook, squealing with happiness for having his wolf back!

"Finally!! I was so worried I'd never get my wolf back! I could cry, I'm so happy!" His eyes were, indeed, filled to the brim with tears of happiness and when one slipped down, JungKook brushed it off with his thumb.

"You're perfect, in every way Taehyung, don't ever doubt it. The most beautiful wolf I have ever seen." He brushed his lips against Taehyung's.

"Now that everything's back to normal, all we need to do is to get the hell out of here!" Taehyung spoke with determination.

Even JungKook's resigned look didn't deter him. "Why are you looking like that?" Taehyung asked, suspicious.

"I've tried, so many times over the years, the cave is secure. The mountain ash weaved into the bars stops me from using my physical strength on it. The King might be an ass but he's not an idiot. He knew I'd be able to force myself out of a normal dungeon..." JungKook's sigh was long and sad. "I want nothing more than be away from here, with you, but I can't see a way out."

Taehyung thought for a long while.

"I have an idea but I need your help. Can you play dead for me?" Taehyung grinned, knowing how the dog command would annoy JungKook.

He proceeded to tell JungKook his plan.

"Hellooooooooooo!?" Taehyung shouted, waiting for his voice echo up to the top of the long staircase leading down to the dungeon before shouting again.

"Are you ready? You need to be believable." Taehyung whispered.

He repeated his holler, readying himself to make up some excuse as to how a little thing like him had managed to kill a giant Alpha like JungKook.