Chapter 11 - Its Okay Not To Be Okay

After enduring a week of intense stress, sleepless nights, and emotional turmoil, I've finally emerged on the other side—examinations are done. With fingers crossed, I hope for promising results.

Amidst my ongoing activities, a notification suddenly grabs my attention—an invitation to join the English Essay Competition. It's a tempting prospect, but the weight of my workload looms large. Can I really commit to this? Do I have what it takes to win? After an exhausting week, do I even deserve a moment of rest?

Life can be overwhelmingly demanding. There's an urge to break down and cry, yet I hold back.

Will shedding tears alter the situation? Unlikely. So, I choose not to.

Seeking solace, I quietly slip into the prayer room, offering a heartfelt prayer to Allah (SWT).

Recalling my brothers' words—encouraging me to persevere through moments of doubt, stagnation, and self-reflection—I find a silent resolve to keep moving forward.

Surrender your broken pieces to Allah (SWT)—the parts that no longer beat fervently, the haunting memories, the anxiousness that accompanies phone calls. Offer the ways you've learned to see yourself as diminished without certain people in your life, the numbness, and the ache. Let every fragment lost along the way be held in His embrace, tenderly guiding you toward healing.

Because in the grand scheme of things, what truly holds significance? Is it material possessions like houses, cars, or fancy attire? The money gained or spent? Or perhaps the test scores achieved? Or is it the connections forged, the love shared, the intertwined hearts and the depth of emotions felt? Striving for perfection often leads to losing our own battles.

Embrace your authentic self—the messy, beautiful, imperfect you.