Chapter 33 - Magic

Depression shows no mercy.

It disregards wealth, privilege, appearance, or profession.

It cares not for your schedule, duties, or tasks; it drains your energy unrelentingly.

The battle leaves you drained, feeling utterly inadequate. Simple tasks become daunting challenges. Getting out of bed or showering might seem like monumental achievements. Concentrating on work demands every ounce of strength. Making it through the day without tears feels like an impossible feat. There's nothing poetic about it.

Depression disregards relationships.

It doesn't acknowledge your struggle to articulate your feelings. It whispers that no one cares or understands, isolating you in a bubble of loneliness.

It's a brutal force, leaving you feeling useless, drained, and isolated. But please, don't believe the lie that you're meant to stay in that darkness.

Don't believe the falsehood that keeps you isolated.

You are worthy of help, support, and love, even if you can't see it yourself. There are hands willing to help, shoulders to lean on, and hearts that see and care for you, even when you feel lost.

---

She attempted to distance herself from him,

Yet he noticed the shift.

"What's happening to us, Sage?"

Her shock echoed. "Us?" 

There's no "us."

She fears the fall.

A smile, a fleeting plea in her eyes: "Can you love me too?"

Words caught in her throat.

"I..."

"What?"

"I... I am going home."

NO. Shame on you.