13

Hello.

TW's:
-Mentions mental abuse

Dream's POV

George and I went to the water and I felt my stomach fill a bit with butterflies as I looked at George. I found him very attractive and couldn't stop smiling as I thought about him.

George slowly stepped in the water and was shaking a bit because of the cold. I smiled and decided to be a bit more flirty with him, pulling him closer to my body. 'Do I need to keep you warm?'

George blushed and rolled his eyes as he pulled away awkwardly. I must have admitted that it was kind of hurtful, though I understood his reason behind it. I let go of him and splashed some water at him.

We started teasing each other a bit with the water and George had a small smile on his face. It made me happy to see him a tiny bit happier. I was aware of the fact I was falling for him at this point. He was the boy I had found attractive before, but I wasn't in love so far. Although, I was very aware that I was falling in love with him now.

George and I kept swimming for half an hour. George was tired so we went back to lay down on our towels as we suddenly saw a girl and a boy run up to George. George looked a bit confused and the girl smiled brightly.

'George! I'm such a big fan of you.'

George quickly pulled on a shirt and the girl smiled. 'Can I take a picture with you?'

'Sure,' George said a bit awkwardly. The girl stood next to him and George held up his thumb for the picture. The boy walked up to him now and they took a picture together as well.

'I'm so glad to meet you,' the girl said as she had the biggest smile on her face ever. 'I'm also very proud of you. I don't think it was the purpose to come out, but I support you no matter what.'

'Uh,' George muttered. 'Thanks.'

I saw the panic in his eyes as he looked at me, then he turned around and started walking off. I smiled at the girl and the boy and they frowned.

'Wait, are you Dream?'

'Uh- who knows,' I muttered.

'Can we take a picture with you too?'

'I'd rather not, sorry,' I said with an awkward smile. 'I trust you, but you never know with these people. I don't want to have someone leaking my face. I'm going to George now.'

The girl and boy nodded and I ran off to go to the bathroom where I saw George go. I quickly went in and saw one of the stalls was locked. I heard very soft sobs coming from behind the door so I knocked on it quietly.

'George, are you crying?'

'L-leave me alone.'

'No, what's wrong?'

'Don't act like you don't know what's wrong.'

'I don't know and even if I did, I will always support you. I will always love you.'

'I don't want to get out of the stall, you're lying to me.'

I sighed and didn't really know what to do. I could tell him that I knew he was gay, but I knew he would get uncomfortable.

'What was that about?' I decided to say. If he wanted to come out now, he could do it if he was ready.

'It was uh- n-nothing. I'm confused too.'

I smiled. I was happy that I didn't bring it up now, he didn't want to come out yet and I respected that.

'I'll always support you, no matter what happened or who you are or like.'

George was quiet for a little and then opened the stall slowly, walking out with a tear on his face. I walked closer to him and grabbed his hand, wiping his tears away.

'George, I can clearly see that you're not okay. You can talk to me, I hope that you'll always remember that. I know something isn't okay with you and your mother.'

George swallowed and sighed softly. 'Fine, I can tell you a bit about my mother, but I don't want to tell you to tell this to anyone else.'

'I won't, I promise that.'

George nodded and glanced down at the ground. 'I guess I've sort of been mentally abused by my mum.'

'What did she do to you?'

'It actually wasn't that bad. After my dad died she has always been a bit more annoyed with me. It wasn't that bad, I shouldn't make it worse than it is. The last few days she has been a bit worse and I guess I got kicked out. You heard it on the phone anyway.'

I gave him a comforting smile and pulled him in for a hug. 'I'm here for you, even when your mum is really mean to you. I love you, George. No matter what,' I whispered as I kissed his hair.

My cheeks heated up and my stomach filled with butterflies as I realised I had just kissed his hair. I smiled as I broke the hug shortly and saw George was blushing too.

I was genuinely falling for him, I was falling for my best friend. I hated myself for it, but I was also kind of happy about it. George was gay, he stared at me sometimes and I maybe had a tiny chance that he would become my boyfriend one day.

After all these years of the constant DreamNotFound jokes, it was becoming reality for me. I liked him, just as I had always joked about. To make it all even better, he was here with me as well. I could touch him, I could hug him. He was real, he was really here with me.

I smiled brightly as I was still holding him in my arms. I wished to hug him all night long, I wanted to be with him while he was sleeping so I could cuddle up with him and comfort him when he was sad.

Instead, I broke the hug and ran my hand through his hair. 'It's going to be alright, I love you.'

1035 words