𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"The summer festival!!! I've completely forgot about it."

"Honestly, same. We've all been busy with practice... Hey, wait. I don't even have a date to go with yet!!!!"

"It's next week! Crap!!!"

"Oi, Kunimi. You have a date yet?"

"Uh... no."

"Did someone ask you out already, Oikawa?"

"Mhm, I haven't given them my response yet, though. You guys know how many letters I get each year."

You roll your eyes after hearing the brunette brags to his teammates about all the requests that several girls had sent to him, asking for him to be their date at the summer festival.

Your club suddenly seems to be caught in chaos as the members are trying to clean up the gym while also talking about the festival at the same time. Obviously, most of them still don't have a girl to go with, yet. Hanamaki's also ranting to you about how this is his last year in high school so at least he should have a hot girl to be by his side on that day, otherwise he'd rather stay home.

Mostly and usually, the requests and confessions happen before the summer break starts, so some couples and a lot of people have already agreed to go with one other, while some prefer to stay at home, or just not go because they don't have a date.

And you? You want to go with Oikawa, of course. But somehow, you're scared to ask. For the past few years, Oikawa had rejected you all along every time you had asked him out to the festival, and every time, he went with another girl while you stayed home watching movies.

"Y/n, you going this year?" Matsukawa asks curiously and you shrug.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"You just don't have a date yet, that's why you're hesitating, y/n-chan~"

"What?"

Your eyebrows twitch and you glare at the captain upon hearing his teasing tone. Of course you don't have a date yet, it's because the only person you want to go with is him.

"Maybe I do," you turn away and Oikawa looks at you in confusion. Trying to keep it cool, he crosses his arms and lets out a small laugh.

"No way. But still, do you have a date yet?"

"And why do you care?" You stop mopping the floor and look at him with an upset expression. Oikawa only blinks in response.