xi. contracts and conditions

the girlfriend experience, james potter
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

the girlfriend experience, james potter𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

chapter eleven, CONTRACTS AND CONDITIONS

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     "IT'S BASIC PROTOCOL."

     "You sure you're not just being picky because it's me?"

     What was she doing? What was she doing? And she was inflicting it on herself. She had agreed to it. No one was forcing her to do it. She wasn't obliged to do it, but here she was, Bronwyn Ward, aged seventeen (come Tuesday, eighteen), reading out a detailed list of terms and conditions for her newest client, and lifelong nemesis, James Potter.

     He was doing everything in her power to piss her off.

     Currently, he was arguing his side as to why he should be allowed to kiss her during his week-long Girlfriend Experience, which was due to begin on Monday (should Bronwyn go clinically insane and therefore actually go forward with their agreement). He claims that it will make it more "believable" and provide him with more "genuine experience" (a direct quote), while Bronwyn has continuously reminded him that she doesn't do kisses on duty.

     The two of them had relocated to the back of the school library ─ James reluctantly admitted to Bronwyn that he felt uncomfortable with all the stares he was receiving from the Slytherins perturbed by his presence in their common room, while Bronwyn knew he was truthfully just very scared ─ and they were now sitting at a desk opposite each other, with what James considered, a mountain of unnecessary paperwork. Bronwyn can confirm that every last piece of paper is very much necessary. Even with their new location of negotiation, they were still on the receiving end of quite a few aggravated stares from students trying to study peacefully in their library who were now being disturbed by the two of them bickering. 

     "I don't allow any one of my clients a kiss on the lips," Bronwyn said, "so you most definitely do not get to." She can also confirm that James Potter was the last person in the entire school that she would be willing to touch lips with. Her stomach churned.

     James was not giving up so easily. "But it makes it more educational."

     Bronwyn rolled her eyes for the millionth time. "Use the back of your hand if you want educational."

     "That's hardly the same," James said coolly.

     She couldn't help a smirk. "Do it a lot, do you?" Any opening at teasing him during the next week, she was going to jump at, seeing as she basically has to date the idiot.

     James ignored her attempt at taunting him. "All I'm saying is," he said, "we've bathed together, Bronwyn. I don't see why a kiss is such a big deal." His face was decorated with a childish grin.