v. pranks and penalties

the girlfriend experience, james potter
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

the girlfriend experience, james potter𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

chapter five, PRANKS AND PENALITIES

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     FOR SOMEONE WHO ISN'T RELIGIOUS, Bronwyn Ward can say with absolute certainty that Andromeda Black is her Guardian Angel sent from above to stop her life from going down the plughole.

     They met in their first year and if love, at first sight, was platonic, it would sure as hell be true in this scenario. Andromeda says that whoever organised the rooming that year must have been a true God or at least someone who could predict the future, because who else could know that they would click in perfect sync on the first day? They haven't left each other's sides since, so you might as well attach them at the hip.

     "I thought he was going to be a total failure," Andromeda said, fluffing up her pillow and resting it against her headboard.

     Bronwyn's eyebrows flicked up and down, as she collapsed onto the bed opposite. "So did I," she sang. "But I guess someone's just good at their job."

     Bronwyn's first client of the year, Danny Silvers, had been deemed a lovely success and shall go down in The Girlfriend Experience History as one of Bronwyn's finest achievements. The week the boy had paid for had flown by, and by the end of it, Bronwyn was certain that her student was fully prepared for the world of dating. Which of course was the entire point of Bronwyn's business, but she likes to think, due to Danny's previous state of (in the nicest way possible) hopelessness, that this one was a better triumph. He had even done his background research on Bronwyn (in the least creepy way possible) and learned her favourite authors and type of flowers and incorporated that into their final date that he planned himself. This isn't such a common occurrence with The Girlfriend Experience; only Bronwyn's best students manage this much dedication.

     "Want me to do some more promo, or do we think there's plenty of inexperienced losers lined up?" Andromeda peered over her magazine and eyed her friend on the opposite bed.

     Bronwyn saw the hint of a smirk on Andromeda's face and shook her head with a chuckle. This was why they were best friends.

     Ever since Bronwyn proposed her business idea to her roommate/best friend, Andromeda had been nothing but supportive. Of course, if she truly was Bronwyn's closest friend, then she would. But Andromeda was as enthusiastic as Bronwyn. They wrote the contract together, worked out analytics together, and Andromeda was the one that got The Girlfriend Experience out there. But in the cleverest way possible. Not for the teachers' ears, but for the student body? Word got around. And all thanks to Andy.

     "Nah, I think we'll be fine," Bronwyn sighed. "It's our last year ─ there's bound to be several losers crying out for help before they go out into the real world."