xix. brandy and board games

the girlfriend experience, james potter
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

the girlfriend experience, james potter𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

chapter nineteen, BRANDY AND BOARD GAMES

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     THIS WAS IT. THE TIME HAD COME. Her first meal at the Gryffindor table.

     Day five: B̶r̶e̶a̶k̶f̶a̶s̶t̶ and dinner at the house table of the client, followed by an evening activity of the client's choice.

     Bronwyn was fine with James feeling uncomfortable and out of place at the Slytherin table, but when it was her turn, she wasn't so keen. Usually, when this time in the itinerary came, Bronwyn was fine. She had friends in every house and was liked enough around the school so that no one told her to fuck off. The Slytherins were usually the most hostile about students being at the wrong house tables but she was a Slytherin so that solved that problem.

     But when it came to James, she wasn't exactly liked by James' friends or anyone in his social circle. They glared at her like she was some kind of disease and it made her think that James had fed them lies about her that painted her to be the monster they all seemed to think she was.

     "Why are you all staring at me?"

     Peter seemed confused by her presence, Sirius simply angered, Remus didn't care (she even thought he smiled at her at one point), and a few Gryffindors sat a little further down were a mix between unbothered and perplexed.

     Peter looked at her as if she was some kind of creature from a distant land, his knife hanging loosely from his grip, dangling over his half-eaten pie and mash. "You're James' girlfriend," he stated in a daze, his forehead crinkled.

     "Confused by that fact are we Pettigrew?"

     A little bit of time passed, James muttering a few things to his friends and then to Bronwyn. Sirius appeared to have lost his words and simply tossed his head or murmured nothing in particular in response.

     After a while, Bronwyn grew bored of Sirius staring at her with a fierce glare as if she had murdered someone he loved. He had been chewing aimlessly on his dinner for five minutes, and his long dark locks had fallen in front of his eyes.

     Bronwyn set her cutlery down with a clatter. "You know, I won't burst into flames if you keep looking at me like that."

     "Shit," Sirius replied robotically. "You caught me."

     "What did I ever do to you, Black?"

     "James," he replied in an instant. "You did James."