xxi. fan clubs and murder plots

the girlfriend experience, james potter
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

the girlfriend experience, james potter𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

chapter twenty-one, FAN CLUBS AND MURDER PLOTS

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     "DON'T BE WEIRD."

     "It's so wrong that you're telling me not to be weird, James."

     Ever since James had learned that Lily Evans was in the library and he had made it his mission to be sitting at a table with her near as soon as possible, he had become quite on edge. As he and Bronwyn made their way to their newly decided study location, hefty bags stuffed with books and incomplete homework hanging from their shoulders, the girl in question sensed that James was anxious to be around Lily while also around his fake girlfriend.

     Come to think of it, Bronwyn doesn't think she and James and Lily had ever been in such close proximity since they announced their relationship until now. Bronwyn was more anxious about what Sirius would do once the two of them showed up together than how Lily would react. It was more than obvious that she and Sirius didn't get along.

     "It's just," James sighed as the two of them neared the library entrance, "you're a Slytherin."

     "Well spotted."

     "And, while I don't condone house discrimination—"

     "You need to practice what you preach, honey," Bronwyn scoffed.

     "I can't promise they won't either."

     "Do you think they'll segregate me to my own table because I'm not a Gryffindor? Or will I be shunned altogether?"

     "Hard to say."

     Bronwyn forced a pleasant smile to take up her face. "Lovely. I'm really looking forward to this." She nodded once, before pulling the large oak door open and stepping aside to let James lead the way.

     They found the rather large group quite quickly. They were the only students utilising an entire table and Bronwyn silently hoped that there wasn't going to be enough room for two more.

     There was. But it didn't look like anyone was particularly happy about it.

     "You alright?" James asked his friends as he casually took the seat at the end.

     Bronwyn hated how it was that easy for him. Of course, he didn't have to ask if it was okay if he sat down ─ this was his friend group. His three closest goons (as Bronwyn had so named them), Mary Macdonald, Marlene McKinnon, Dorcas Meadowes and of course, Lily Evans. James fit right in. Bronwyn, as James had rightfully pointed out, stood out like a sore thumb. And she wasn't even wearing her green robes to contrast their red.