xvi. drinks and jealousy

the girlfriend experience, james potter
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

the girlfriend experience, james potter𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

chapter sixteen, DRINKS AND JEALOUSY

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

AS QUICKLY AS JAMES HAD BECOME EXCITED FOR A MISCHEVIOUS night out in Hogsmeade with his closest friends and an unlimited flow of alcohol, his anticipation was shot down in the worst adrenaline kill ever.

"How is that fair exactly?"

He was standing outside of the Gryffindor common room, ─ Sirius, Remus, and Peter eagerly waiting at his feet ─ his invisibility cloak in hand, dumbfounded while Bronwyn and Andromeda waited impatiently for him to hand it over.

It seemed the two childhood friends hadn't fleshed out their deal they made on the Astronomy tower earlier on and now James found himself with no way to actually get to the Hogsmeade-unlimited-flow-of-alcohol.

It was the worst kind of predicament.

"We had a deal," Bronwyn asserted. She was growing more tempted by the minute to just snatch the device from his hands. The way she saw it was that James was supposed to give her the cloak to get into the village and then he got an invite to her party. She's aware that she hadn't hired the Three Broomsticks or whatever but she was paying for the drinks. Not to mention, it was very inclusive and not a lot of people knew about it. In that sense, it was her party.

She didn't care how they got there. That was their problem. She's just giving them free drinks.

James jutted his neck out and he almost couldn't believe that Bronwyn thought him letting her borrow his most prized possession meant he didn't have access to it for the evening. "But how are we supposed to sneak out without being seen?" He asked and Remus noted the tone of hopelessness in his voice. Remus was perfectly happy going to bed like everyone else in the Gryffindor tower was but oh well.

"You're the Marauders," Bronwyn said, her brows furrowing as if this fact was an obvious factor as to why she and Andromeda weren't going to come back for the four of them to sneak them out of the castle. "Figure it out."

James' lips twitched frantically as if he were searching for the words to argue his way out of this and maybe come up with another way to get to the hidden tunnels without the protection of invisibility in the process. But he had no such luck.

Knowing his frozen demeanour meant she had cracked him, Bronwyn took a cautious step forward and plucked the cloak from his grasp effortlessly. She smirked as she took a step back, victorious. James was yet to move an inch. "We'll meet you there then, yeah?"

Bronwyn thought she'd at least give him another couple of seconds to respond and as she cocked her head to the side, her patience slipping further and further away, James finally came to, shaking his head to snap himself out of his confused daze.