[6] Day

[6] Day

The park was quiet and peaceful. No children rushing around. No loud cars honking. No sirens. Just silence. This was nice. The city was often loud at night and day, but dawn was silent. This silence was just what you needed after a long day and a long night before. The night was pleasant, Zhongli had treated you to a nice night out and bought you literally everything that you deemed likable.  You didn't know that it was Childe's money- Either way.. It was fun.

You felt as if you were forgetting something, something in your heart panged with hurt when you remembered the look on Bennett's face. He looked heartbroken that you didn't spend any time with him. He really wanted to be around you, practically clung to you for just a second of your sweet time. You found it cute, but you knew he probably didn't think of you the same way. You found him cute, he found you to be like a love interest.. Maybe you'd see him that's way one day.

Enough of that. Enough of everything and everyone. You needed some alone time. This was the perfect moment to recollect and think about everything that's happened within the last few days..

A soft gust of wind made you shutter a bit as it crawled down your spine sending goosebumps everywhere. You leaned back into the park bench enjoying the scenery thoroughly until something caught your eyes. You couldn't believe your eyes.. Beyonce! Oh, nevermind. It's just a midget. You quickly sat upwards to see if your eyes were lying to you. They definitely weren't. You noticed that blue eyed sassy bitch with red eyeliner casually walking through the park.

"CAN YOU STOP FOLLOWING ME?!" He flinched and turned his attention towards you, his once lax expression now bitter. He scrunched up his face at the sight of you, clearly unamused. When is he not? He walked towards you raising a brow at your comment.

"Following you? No. You are following me. Stop stalking me you desperate weirdo, I already have plenty of thirsty people such as yourself trying to hop on it"

"Hop on it? More like hop off it! I don't want none of that. No one wants a piece of a man who can't reach the top shelf. Ain't nobody have time for a 5th grader, your out here trying to make people catch a case." He looked appalled. You called him short and said he looked like a fifth grader. He crossed his arms sassily while you continued to roast his gnome looking ass.

"You aren't very lady like. I could've sworn I've seen you acting timid and shy. What's got you acting so bold hm? Is it seriously me? I didn't know you'd have such confidence to talk to me like this.. Maybe you like me? Is that it? Your willing to step out your pitiful comfort level for me?" He leaned a little closer making you back up a little as he slowly brought his hand to your face.

"Not at all. I'm willing to step out of my comfort level to confront a weirdo and that's about it." You squirmed  uncomfortably, letting him drag his finger across your neck and lift your chin up slowly to you'd look him eye in the eyes. That dark blue color began to resonate with in your soul as stared up into them deeply.

"Watch your tongue brat. I don't find your language very nice. Do you need to be put in your place?" You retracted from his touch making him giggle a bit. It wasn't a cute giggle. It was more of a sadistic giggle like he thoroughly enjoyed the fear he was slowly starting to give you. The uncomfort you had gave him some time of satisfaction while it only made you uncomfortable.

He stared at you for a while waiting for some type of response, but you had nothing. You considered insulting him again, but that might made him angry.. You don't want to piss off a stranger in the deep of night. Who knows what would happen to you? You could get stabbed, beat up, or worst. He looked amused as to him he put you back into your "place". He stepped back and let out a satisfied hum in response.

He began to understand why so many people wanted to take you out now. You were cute.. really, really cute. He would never admit it, but he definitely knew it. He sighed and tapped his chin for a second thinking of something more to say to you.

"How about this.. I still haven't gotten to know you yet.. For the time being.. I'm Scaramouche. You are?"

"[Name].."

"Until we see each other again.."

He walked away, waving as he left. He couldn't help, but internally scream at himself. You had already began to infest his thoughts in which he quickly tried to shiver off. You aren't worth his time.. You are merely an ant to him.. A very cute ant. An ant he didn't want to squash- Damn it. He already knew he was beginning to feel something. He shuttered at the thought, slightly disgusted in himself for liking someone. You were just so.. charming in your own little way. He wanted to keep you.. kind of like a pet.

You watched the man walk away and bit your lip. You took back everything you said about Bennett. You needed some soft boy time. You weren't down with someone so sassy, he'd probably roast you so hard he'd genuinely hurt your feelings. You wanted to see Bennett to get rid of the slight fear that was coursing through your veins.

That man was certainly something you wanted nothing to do with. the only issue is you see him nearly every single day and night. You shuttered at the thought of developing some type of friendship or more with the man. Absolutely not. You were ready to go home and see Benny boy. He'd treat you right and he wouldn't scare you into doing what he says.

You didn't notice Childe, hiding from your sights while keeping an eye on you. He was practically ready to kill someone when he saw the fear in your eyes given to you by Scaramouche. He wanted to have a small chat with his co-worker, but decided to keep it to himself until something more serious happened. For now your brother would simply.. guide Scaramouche in a different direction. They're are plenty of nice woman to choose from. Scaramouche doesn't need you. He doesn't deserve you. Childe knows this for a fact.

"Benny?" You gently pushed the boys door open to see him sleeping besides the window, he'd been waiting for you to get home. You gently closed the door behind you, it made a small clicking noise that startled the boy awake.

As soon as he noticed your presence, he fell off the couch to get to you, tackling you into a tight hug. He held onto you tightly, clinging to you, not wanting to let go in the slightest. You hugged back leaning into the overly affectionate and desperate boys touch. It was warm and reassuring.

"[Name]! You're back!" He snuggled into you before quickly changing the subject to something interesting. He wanted to keep you entertained in any way he could. So you'd stay. That's all he wanted. He just wanted you to stay. Stay with him for a few..

"W.. why don't we watch a movie? or,  Or! We can play a game! Do you like board games? Er.. Video games? Why not hide and seek? Oh, I know! We can go on adventure.. That sounds nice, right?" You sighed and hugged Bennett tightly. Such a sweet boy. You were beginning to absolutely adore him for being so pure and loving.

"Sure benny Boy.. We can go on an adventure.. Why don't we go look for your cat? Woah! Let me rest first-"

"R... really!? AWESOME! Let's go, Let's go! Come on, come on, come on! I don't want to waste any time! Especially if my time is with you.."