[7] Night

Childe slammed the front door open, practically stomping around the house to find you. He needed to have a talk with you about how much you've been going out lately. How you haven't told him anything, how you literally have been far to trusting with some of the people you've met. You literally were inches away from being kidnapped. How could you just let that slide?

He dreaded the the thought of losing you. Why we're you so damn careless? He stormed around the house then noticed your lack of presence, again. Why don't you tell him anything?! He nearly would have had another melt down of it weren't for him being able to hear two sets of loud giggles from next door.

You were talking with a boy. Absolutely not. That is not allowed.

He leaned in closer to hear you and Bennett talking about a grocery list and an adventure? Oh. We're you actually friends with the neighbor? Apparently, Bennett has lost his cat named Lucky and desperately was trying to get her back. Why the hell would you go on an adventure to the grocery store and look for the weirdos cat? He crickled his nose listening to you list off a bunch of things on a list aloud.

"Why do you have broccoli on your shopping list- And- YOU SPELT IT WRONG"

"...so..? I bet you can't spell it either.."

"SO- .... Spell it out loud right now."

"B-r-o-c-l-e-e"

"Bennett- nO-"

"W-Well.. WHY DON'T YOU SPELL IT?!"

"...uH.. B-r-o-c-l-i-e"

"...Broclie?

"Shut up! I'm trying!"

"Your the one who's bothered by it! I'm sorry for my bad spelling!"

"I'm sorry! Just ugggh I don't know- put something else down

....

YOU CAN'T JUST WRITE LITTLE TREES!"

"WHY NOT!? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S BOTHERED BY IT!"

"Fine. We'll call them little trees.."

"Alright then.. Ready to go?"

Childe leaned away from the wall and decided to walk over to take you away- I mean- check on you. He didn't want you hanging around such a sub anyways.. He walked over to the other apartment, knocking on the door- only for it to slam open, harshly hitting him the the face. He groaned as the door was slammed shut. You and Bennett didn't even noticed Childe, you both had already left without a word to say to him.

Bennett tightly held his hand in yours as you both ran to the grocery store. Ajax glared at the scene. He couldn't believe his eyes.. premarital hand holding. Not on his watch. He retracted his hands from his face and was about to chase after you both until he realized that he forgot about work. He'll be back for Bennett later. He won't lose his sister to whatever that thing was. It was something. Childe couldn't find the right words to describe it.

Bennett tightened his grip as you both ran down the street without looking at on coming traffic- He was to excited. Way to excited. You we're winded already from all the running, but at this point seeing the boy smile was literally the cutest fucking thing on the planet. He noticed your shortness of breath and paused for a second waiting patiently until you we're ready to actually make it to the store with him.  Once you finally got it back he went back to dragging you all the way to the store.

Rushing past buildings, cars, and other small local places. You ended up locking eyes with that blue eyed male again while running. He seemed unfazed. He just dully watched as you brushed past him with a hyperactive puppy pulling you around like you were a child with a new toy until he reached the store.

Bennett busted through the front door of the store with a grin on his face- While you sighed as he grabbed you, taking off and raiding the isles. The store employees were slightly concerned, seeing two people run around the store like children, but decided to keep it to themselves. Whenever he saw something interesting he immediately ran over to it constantly changing his focal point.

"Bennett, look! Little trees!"

"Can you both possibly not run around the store like children?"

You turned around to see that blue eyed devil, again. Scaramouche. You squeezed Bennett's hand tightly, making him turn back to you. Why was this man everywhere? You tried to ignore that he was there and have a fun time with Bennett again. Bennett took note of your discomfort and lightly began to drag you away into a different area, you'd both get little trees later. For now, he just wanted you to be comfortable. He only wanted you to feel okay. Bennett only wanted what was good for you. He also just wanted every ounce of your attention.

"Are you just going to ignore me?" The boy called out, only to get silence as a response. Scaramouche crossed his arms as Bennett just dragged you away right in front of his every eyes. The disrespect. He didn't appreciate being ignored especially not by some shota twink. He'd brush it off, but still get extremely annoyed that you didn't even say hi to him. You just left him. He'd change that real quick if he wasn't in public. 

Bennett let go of your hand once you both were isolated and tightly grabbed your shoulders, making you retract a bit feeling awkward,
"Are you alright? I noticed you
were uncomfortable.. We can pick up groceries another day? Why don't we just look for my cat instead?" Bennett held onto you gently, searching your eyes for some type of answer. You only nodded your head and decided to go along with his words.

"Yeah... Let's just go"

Bennett didn't want you like this. He liked you happy. He'd keep you happy. Just stay close to him.. He's done everything he could so far, he'll keep doing everything he can. He doesn't understand why you don't just move in with him at this point- He'd take such good care of you. He'll go to extreme lengths for anything if it makes you smile. Even if it's as silly as him letting you put make-up on him. He'd do it for you.