[14] Day

UNEDITED

Hopeless. The swelling feeling in your throat made it worst. Nothing could soothe your aching. The pain in your hand. The pain in your voice. The pain in your heart. You didn't want to paint your own world black. You wanted to be hold onto that sliver off hope that was almost non-existent. You can't- You couldn't, you couldn't just sit around and be hopeless. That would get you nowhere. You can't wait for someone to save you. You can't always depend on others. There is a time when you should give up and now is not that time.

You needed to save yourself. It seemed impossible. However, you can't rot away with a broke finger and a few cuts and bruises. Your eyes drifted around the room, it was so lavishly bland. Nothing if interest besides a few books. A plastic cup from a run down gas station on the bed side. Nothing. You shifted your other hand clenching and unclenching your fist.

A hand that was damaged couldn't be entirely unbearable. You moved the fingers of your wrapped hand and whimpered a bit. You could handle it. You can take much more then you think. A little pressure won't make you break. Not now. Not yet.

You sighed, staring at the unlocked window and your hand. The damn thing got chained by Scaramouche again. Plus, You couldn't climb down the window. That would literally be impossible. The building was far to big and your hand was far to weak to do so. You could only do so much. You considered hitting every air vent on the fall and breaking the fall when you get down there. That was to risky.

A few cuffs couldn't hold you back. You stared at your damage hand and began to pull away at the wrapping. Curling your few undamaged fingers to work under the bandaging and wiggling off the hot thing. The skin underneath began to sweat making it slip off easier. It couldn't be to hard.

"I'll be fine. I will."

You bit your tongue, squeezing you hand together and pulling. The bones in your finger began to shift unnaturally. Each time the bone grazed against it making a awfully noise within your mind. You bend it in enough to pull your damaged hand free. The entire act made you tremble unbearably. The bones in your finger were out of place, dragging against each other whenever you moved.

You bit your thumb trying to suck back the tears and pain that was flowing through you. Biology was a fucking lie. Adrenaline didn't send enough juice to your dumb brain to make it painless temporarily. You couldn't even allow the damn thing to heal if you wanted it to be perfectly in place again. You'd have to get to the hospital.

"Ma'am? Dog? Please. Quit that whimpering. You sound like a annoying dog and your ruining my lunch."

You bit your lip holding back the urge to curse him out. Damn guards. They weren't even getting paid enough for this, why couldn't they just let you go? Who did he think he was anyways? You stared at the other cuff, thinking. You could always pick it, but with what? You could just manifest a lock pick, or astral project yourself out to somewhere else. That was impossible.

You stared at the drink sitting on the bedside table. You could always
try to pick it with plastic? That sounds insane. A lot in you began to doubt it. It's worth it. Plastic is no different from any lock pick. You can use pins, needles, anything! Why would biting plastic into a pick not work?

You stretched across the bed, plucking the plastic lid from the drink and biting off a piece, chewing it until it was to your liking. This can work! You stared at the lock, pushing the plastic in and fidgeting it a bit. You could've done this ages ago. You figured to tug the lock once it's in, it should pull it through, clicking the lock open..

...

It's stuck..

You fucked up.

You stared at the lock.  You tugged harder and harder, trying to open the lock only having the plastic nudge further in. You are stuck. You'd have to live with that psycho forever. Forever is a long time. You didn't want that! Why would anyone actually like a psychopath!? Oh, wait.

"Oh god, Oh fuck. I'll, I'll break it. Break the hand. This is fine! This'll be fine.."

It was not fine.

It may have been the worst pain you've ever felt in your entire life.

You squeezed your hand into a unnaturally position before shifting away from it. It'll be fast like bandaid. You whipped away quickly, feeling the tears already weld in your eyes as the bones snapped away from each other once more. You did it. The hand was broken.

No sound could ever compare to the snapping of those bones and the bloodcurdling sound of your scream. Something so loud that your throat physically ached afterwards. Something so loud that it could make even the toughest individuals cringe and take pity in your agony.

However, you couldn't care less. You only tugged and tugged until your broken hand squeezed through wailing endlessly. The whimpers in pain were so agonizing that the guard physically came in. He cursed as you curled on the bed whimpering, holding your mangled hand. You didn't believe you even had the will power go break it. You did though. You broke your hand for freedom.

He tried to silence you by covering your mouth, only for you bite down into his hand. He hissed, smacking you upside the head as your teeth sunk into his flesh. The moment he shoved you off you pulled him down with you, intertwining your fingers within his hair while he pulled your own. You slammed his skull against the edge of the bed until he went still. He wasn't dead, just.. injured. He'd wake up later.

The moment he was down you bolted out the door, licking the blood off your lips in satisfaction. The adrenaline finally pushing you to the point that the pain was barely there now. Freedom. It was only a few seconds away.

You slipped out the doors rushing outside into the pouring rain and hugging yourself as the water fell. A blessing or willpower? You couldn't tell. You didn't care. You pushed yourself to your physical limits for freedom. And you fucking got it.

You rushed out into a random alleyway, running into a few things causing glass to shatter as you did. As you walked one direction, foot steps went in the other. It must've been that awful human that tormented you. No one would ever go near that building if they knew what kind of monster lived there.

You just wanted to go home, you ignored all the dirt on your bare feet, the tiny pebbles that would occasionally sink in. Well, until you noticed a pair of bright red eyes. You stopped and retracted backwards to see what it was. Some kid, in the trash.

"Are you alright? Hello? How old are you? Where are your parents? Are you homeless?"

It was like a wave of emotion. Joy, greed, sin, everything. He had never felt such a way so quickly. Emotions had always confused him. This, this emotion was different. He already felt admiration for you bubbling within him.

They were silent. They just stared up at you as if you were some goddess that wrapped their arms around him in attempt to lift him. He shoved you off, scrambling to get out of the garbage bin. Kindness. Actual kindness. You had to be something great! You had to have been a Angel! A god! You were so damaged, bruised, hurt and, yet you still took the time for his well-being.

It had been a while since he met someone like you. The last person like that was his mother who had to part with him. She was an angel.. but you.. You had to have been his goddess. If you knew, it would only make you uncomfortable. In your mind, you are nothing of the sort! You are just you! You barely deserve to be called such a thing. To him however, it's the opposite.

"Am.. not homeless. Razor just fell asleep in the can." You sighed in relief, looking them up and down for any signs of bruising. They must've been older then you thought. They definitely weren't a kid. You sighed rubbing the swollen sore hand of your before backing away.

"Well, If you needed help. You could've gotten some." You rushed down the alley, trying to get to the hospital and then the police. You needed to fix this pain first. It was hard to do barely anything. You couldn't open things well or lift.

"W, wait! Let me help! I fix!"

"Ah, I guess? Do you have a phone?"