[13] Night

HEAVILY UNEDITED

Childe's leg bounced up and down in a fit of frustration, squeezing one hand tightly on the plush armrest of Bennets couch. The tension slowly built up as the sickening white color of his hands slowly faded back into a red hue once he let go, snapping his attention over to the thing that could barely last a second against his strength. He could barely get a word out as his anger slowly began to blind him, acting rash would only lead to destructive decisions. He could walk straight into a trap from Scaramouche, he needed to think.

He scrolled through your phone, looking at each of the messages people would leave you. Some out of concern, some were memes. It was all bland and pointless. He knew he really shouldn't have been but just knowing you were trying to go around and date people freaked him out. Would it hurt to peek on who Beidou is? Or Albedo?

Bennett sat across from him in a sputtering, terrified mess. He was able to survive that monster you called a brother from telling him a small bit of information. He carefully blew on a warm mug of tea while that thing still stayed within his house, occasionally ranting or prying more information. It's not like he could say no anyways.

"Well, would you look at the time! I should really be getting to bed, I have work tommorow and-" Childe immediately sharpened the glare over to the boy making them retract backwards a bit, "Not so fast. I'm not going anywhere until I figure this out and I'm definitely not letting go of the fact you like my sister. Even after I told you to leave her alone."

The sounds of the TV on a low volume managed to make the silence more erie, the light humm from the refrigerator, occasional whistle from the window was just not helping. The noise was silent even if presented as loud. Bennett's mouth hung open for a second as he searched for words, he couldn't really say much against that. Childe was right. Bennett did like you but what if that only dug him a deeper hole to crawl out of,
"I don't like her?"

Lucky dragged themselves across Childe's legs, rubbing themselves into him while he dropped one hand down to run his fingers over the fur of the cat that let out low voices. Childe was still processing what Bennett was saying. He didn't like you, huh? That's a pretty bad lie. Childe seemed more irritated by that then anything else, sharpening his glare making Bennett change his wording once more, "N, no! I like her! I just thought you didn't want to hear that! Sorry, sorry but have you ever considered that. If I never was with her, you wouldn't have figured out it was Scaramouche?"

The look on his face changed once more as he pushed himself up and shifted towards the front door. The thought of him leaving was giving Bennett a large amount of relief, "I would've figured it out eventually anyways," Childe murmured. The cat scittered away towards Bennett from the sudden force presented by Childe and rubbed against him instead.

"Would you have? Honestly? The first person you came to was me, I know you hate me and all but I'd at least like you to admit when you're wrong" Such a bold statement from something so small. Little things should know there place don't you think? However, that doesn't mean other things can't admit they are wrong.

Childe grunted as a response, wrapping his hands around the doorknob and twisting. He felt a little happy not because he was finding you but sorta proud. Bennett actually talked back to him without flinching, stuttering, the boy held back his fear. That's the kind of thing he wanted to see when someone is hanging around his sister. He wants to know they'd protect her without nasty thoughts.

"When I get back with her. We might be moving. However, you can be around her again if you want to but only as friends. I still am not ready to let her go. I'm not in any rush so don't take her so quickly. Can you promise me that?"

Beidou stuck her hand out feeling the light speckles of rain increase, each droplet gradually getting rougher overtime. Wasn't something she would gradually avoid. Not today. Not now. She had some priorities following that little blue haired brat around. He seemed more irritated by the rain not eager to take his time at all. She trailed after him, careful not to make to much noise as she held her head low seemingly going elsewhere. The boy turned into a crack between the buildings, taking off through an alley way, knowing the streets by the backs of his hands.