[19] Night

"Ah... Of course!"

Not. Not yet at least...

Like seriously? You are trying to run back to that house already? You can take a break from it. The house that multiple stalkers know the location of? The house you were kidnapped in, the house that has a fair share of safety concerns? Did you seriously think that even after some "meaningful" conversation with him, he'd stop? No. Childe would hold respect to some of your choices now. Not all.

Plus, it's not like you had much to return to anyways. He already moved all of your stuff back to his own house, he only had to go back one more time. That dreadful little sliver of independence you called a house was meaningless in his world. No matter how much "joy" it would spark, the answer was no. And he is tired of sleeping on your couch.

He'd pick up the last bits of belongings, wait for you to be sedated by Baizhu... Then bring you to his house. Like nothing even happened... You'd wake up and that doctors office would almost be like a dream. A small fragment of memory. He just needed to hurry up before your dosage. Reaching into his pocket, he fidgeted with his car keys, the sooner he was out of here, the sooner he could actually rest well at night...

It didn't take long for him to arrive and scuttle through your things bringing the last of what he seemed worthy. And yet... When it came to the last box, one that he didn't know why you needed, he felt compelled that it was better to bring it then throw away. A few bits of the embroidered cloths and blankets Zhongli would get you and on top of it all, the old mans antique vase. He knew it was trash but... He could at least try and make it up to you by putting it together again.

With a deep sigh, he tapped the box shut listening to the dead silence of your house. It was weird now. Empty and uninhabited. Like a ghost town. Some parts of your house, decor in particular had previously added a noise even in silence. A painting, portrait perhaps was enough to make noise in the subliminal space.

A part of him did kinda grow attached to the house. He could understand why you wanted to stay but for now you had no choice. Amongst the silence was a loud shuffling noise. He lifted himself from the floor, clutching the box in his fingers. He knew that wasn't a rat, maybe Bennett? Or something else.

"Goddess?"

He crinkled his nose at the sound. More of your little slimy stalkers? He turned towards the noise to see a small boy standing by the door, cheeks tinted in a deep red. That certainly was not Bennett. Grey hair, rugged clothing, a bit of a... smell. He was doe eyed in his own little way, if this wasn't one of your dates, who was it.

"...not goddess..."

"Ah, excuse me. Are you lost, little boy? Are you friends with the other rat- Bennett? He's right next door." The boy bit his lip, not knowing exactly how to communicate with Childe. He was a bit tall compared to him, a bad aura, ...and a ginger.

"Ah... Bennett?? The girl?"

"Uh... No... Bennett the boy. A little fruity but they haven't had the talk yet. I am assuming you mean [Name]. She's gone. Long gone." He murmured, stepping toward s the boy in an attempt to slip out the room until he started growling a bit. Childe wrinkled his nose. Why was this small homeless boy growling at him. This isn't the place for that, a furry con is.

"Damn.. what did I do to you??" He didn't want to drop the box to hold the little thing by the head so it couldn't bite him or something. It only progressed, the boy snarling at him, saliva dripping from the corners of his mouth. He could only wonder I'm that was healthy. He put his foot up, trying to shoo him away.

"Hey, Childe! Where's [Name]-" Bennett blinked, looking back and forth between the two. Staring at Childe using his foot to push razor away while he growled at him like a feral animal, "Uh... I.. I'll just... Leave-"

"No. You take this young man with you, he's yours now."

"What!? I'm not keeping Razor!"

"It has a name!?"

"It's a he! And that IT is named Razor. He followed me here because apparently I smelt of a god. Whatever that means..."

"Well... Keep him. He's your new [Name]. Your new feral bestie!" New bestie? He already had a bestie. A best friend even. That was [Name]. Nothing could replace her. Nothing could replace the little moments they built together to become friends.

"Wh.. what? Are you taking name somewhere?" It only took a matter of seconds for it to click in Bennett's head. The boxes, empty rooms, dead silence. He looked over everything like it was some horrid curse, his expression nothing but pure distraught...

"I'm sorry. Listen, you are mature enough to understand. If anything, I trust you most in the company of my sister. However, I just.. I don't think this place is safe for her anymore. So, I'm taking her with me. I'm sorry.."

Sometimes words can sting. Really, really badly. The sink into your heart, your soul. They stay their like stains that you can't quite wipe free because unlike a bruise, it is harder to heal from something that is heartbreaking. Your mind needs more time to heal that your body. No amounts of cuts can make this any better.

Bennett understood, fully. Understanding and wanting are two entirely different things. He understands it isn't safe for you, he understands Childe has good intentions, but he doesn't want you to go. He wants you to stay. He hasn't felt close to someone in so long. He can't start over and forget that quickly. He wants a little more time. A smidge even. Just another night, day, week. One more night. Just one more where he doesn't have to feel alone anymore.

"Don't. don't.. Please... don't take her" He clutched onto the fabric of Childes shirt, which was in itself, a bold move. Childe usually didn't show affection towards the things that were tryin to court his sister. But damn. Did he get attached to his stupid face and his stupid personality that was like teucer. He glanced at Bennett, his eyes big and wet, the bottom of his lip being to quiver. God damn it. The sight only reminded him of teucer. 

"Let go."

Bennett bit his lip, letting go of the cloth in silence. The sight was pitiful. There were a million things running through his head as he stared at the boy twinks that managed to get into your old apartment. He sighed, letting his foot down and using a free hand to pat the top of the boys head.

"Alright. I'll bring her back occasionally but if anything I have a hunch she isn't staying with me forever. If she gets a new place, I'll let you know so you can move in beside her again. Also," He retracted his hand and poked Razors forehead, "She is not your god. (She's everyone's god obviously-) And she will NOT be kissing any of you, no dating. She goes OUT with people, those people will certainly not be any of you. You may be her friend only."

"I... I.. really!?"

"I've told you this before? Why is it so shocking?"

"Ah... Is there another reason why I can't date her-"

"And that is enough. Your free trail of me being nice is over. Never EVER talk about dating my sister. Ever." He brushed past the boys with a heavy sigh. What on earth did he just get himself into. He should've just shooed them away to begin with, "And the other reason is... She is literally like older then you."

"I know she's older than me, I just want to be her friend. Weirdo. Plus, I thought that black and teal haired guy was her boyfriend..."