[20] Day

From that point on it was smooth sailing. Sort of. Childe didn't have a problem with bringing you out, snuggling against you while trying to avoid hitting your head on something to get you in the car. It's a good thing you have a shit memory now because you've definitely forgot all the times he's accidentally had your head rammed onto the doorframe and random household objects while carrying you.

He readjusted his near view mirror glancing at you, briefly before pressing the call button upon his car and ringing up that damn old man that you considered your bestie... He still couldn't believe you both had friendship bracelets. Like seriously. What about him? Was it because he was a ginger? Was zhongli better than him? The phone didn't even have a chance to dial before immediately being picked up.

"Heyyy, it's me.. Childe!~ Listen... Zhongster can we talk?"

"Oh, Childe. This is the first time you've called me back in a while. The last time we called was in June. You said something about me talking to much... It seems like you never answer my calls anymore. It's great to hear from you. It's my day off. How about you come over for some tea? I'll tell you a story then about my life. Better yet... I can tell you one now. Do you remember the time-"

"No- Zhongli. I have a question to ask-" Not even a second in and his eye already began to twitch. Please. He just one question a single question. The sound of zhongli, although soothing was driving him crazy. All zhongli needed was someone to sit around that'd listen to him talk all day.

"This world offers us many questions, you know. And with many questions comes a great many truths. To seek or not to seek, to learn and not to learn. A very hard question. There are some things in this life that we all can go without learning. Like this one time-"

"Zhongli."

"Childe."

"You are being such an old man today. Listen to me, let me talk. Please. You know Xiao-"

"Is this about the time you saw me naked?"

"NO! I-"

Suddenly, a ball rolled out into the middle room making Childe gasp. The soul flying out of his body as the one dog boy from earlier ran after it, standing in the middle of the road. Childe paled at the sight. He couldn't help but sigh in relief that he didn't hit them. It'd ruin the paint on his car... he can't get another paint job right now.

"Childe, are you okay? Sorry my hearing is going... Did you say something about boats? Boats are made for transferring commodities-"

Childe sighed, muting zhongli and rubbing the bridge of his nose in frustration. Not noticing the other thing that stepped in front of the car as soon as Razor skittered away. Before Childe could even process anything he saw the heels stepping into the concrete road and his eyes twitched.

Those dark heels, tall stature, thick lengthy brown hair. Not her again. She stood in front of his car, ignoring the honking that was blaring from cars behind him and smirked. Her deep ruby-colored eyes that melted into gold staring straight into his soul, taunting him. He forgot that she didn't lack the same brains as most other people and was persistent. He could tell... He could tell she knew, he knew that he wasn't bringing you back. Not giving her your new number since your phone broke.

She stepped closer, tapping on his side window expectantly. All while she threw a thumbs up to the little boy across the street while he rolled down his window. He had grown tired of seeing so many people today and dealing with so many people before. No matter who they were, "You... You payed that little boy, didn't you? Gaydou, I don't have time for this, you are literally blocking traffic."

"And here I thought we were friends," She purred, at this point, a blood vessel in his brain already popped. He turned the hazard lights on and tapped the wheel impatiently, "I just wanted to chat a bit but... I saw that you were already tryin to speed away with her after I helped you? I'd at least like some thanks.. a thank you maybe?"

"Thank you!?"

"Your welcome and thank you"

"For-"

She immediately opened the door to his car and sat down behind him in the backseat. Oh. She glanced over to you, clicking her tongue at the sight of you slumped over and out of it. One glance and she could already tell that he obviously gave you something to make you go limp. What if he hit a speed bump with you like this? You'd fly up and smack the roof of the car. How could he be so careless... He didn't even buckle you in. She gently nudged her hands beneath your waist and shifted you besides her, placing your head comfortably into her lap.

"Get out lesbian"

"Your blocking traffic carrot top."

He huffed, speeding up so the people behind him stop blaring their horns. The ratchet noise from the back begining to get on his nerves, oh and the horn noise as well. He turned on his gps, turning the hazard lights off. Occasionally, glancing at the near view to see the cars behind him and the ratchet brunette. She stared right back at him, squinting her eyes. A part of her wanted to poke his eye just so he'd stop staring so damn much. Even though she literally was doing and would do the exact same thing everyday. Especially with you.

"Stop looking at me. Look at the road."

"Can't. You smell unbearable. I can't tell if that's the ocean or what's in-between your legs"

"It doesn't matter because even if it was in-between my legs I bet your sister would eat. it. up." He went silent. He couldn't tell what part of him was damaged after hearing that. His pride, his ego, his everything? He didn't know. He just knew that it would sting in silence,"That's what I thought. Now drive us home... My baby is tired."

"Are you drunk?"

"Depends on how you view it... I mean I had a few sips of this, a few of that... got kicked out a bar..."

He rolled his eyes, un-muting zhongli and listening to him ramble about boats to drown out the sounds of Beidou's little jabs at his ego, "wow... I didn't know you had a boyfriend-" The next few moments were followed by loud frustrated noises coming from Childe as he got pestered by the woman behind him for a hour straight, asking about getting fast food, whining, and comments about you until they finally pulled into the driveway of his house. In which, she insulted that too.