[9] Night

"Why did you let her kiss you? I told you to keep a healthy distance and look after her not to start liking her! I'll.. " Childe glared down at the blue haired boy and the boy glared back. He hated your brother. He didn't even know you both were related- He hated how he thought he was in charge. "I'll have someone else watch her. You aren't doing a very good job."

"I didn't know she'd do that to me. Besides.. Why are you so obsessed with this random girl? What is she to you?" Childe couldn't tell them you were his sister so he tried to come up with something else. He didn't want them knowing who you were to him even if they knew about most of his other family members.

"Someone special. Not a love interest. She shouldn't be out and about so often, I don't want her getting into trouble." Scaramouche crossed his arms. He didn't want to stop looking after you. He enjoyed it. He got to know everything about you in secret. You we're right about the stalking thing. He knew everything about you. From favorite food to when you take a shower. Everything.

"No, I want to keep watching her."

"No. I'm having a friend of mine have their assistant watch over her. You lost that job, Scaramouche. Go back to doing missions." He grunted in response, watching as Childe walked away. Scaramouche wanted you to himself. He wanted to do you good and wrong. He is the perfect example of a toxic relationship. He wanted to scare you into loving him so dearly.. Is that to much to ask?

Childe was going to have Xiao look after you from now on. It's safer that way. Xiao wasn't sure dirty in the mind. He was sweet, silent, and respectful. He wouldn't harm you. He would only watch and step in to keep you safe. He knew what was best for you and Ajax could appreciate that.
Xiao would treat you better then anyone.

As soon as Xiao got the news he began his work, he didn't understand why you were looking around for a cat that wasn't even yours, but none the less. He found it. He left it at your doorstep then quickly scurried away. He'd do you all the good you needed. Only difference is you'd never see him. Catch a glance. Nothing more. He kept it all extremely low profile.

Bennett was extremely happy, he got his cat back and even invited you over for a sleepover afterwards in which- Ajax magically shifted into the planes of reality by astral projecting himself to that exact place to prevent this. You would on no circumstances sleep in a boys house. He stood in-between you both and nudged you along into your apartment. All because Xiao texted him that you were with a boy. Just a text message and he was already there.

Unfortunately, Xiao's job also ment that he'd have to check if you were sleeping well and not slipping and cracking your skull open in the shower. So.. he did go into your house. Respectfully. He didn't do anything nasty like sneak your underwear. Only Scaramouche did that. I mean- moving on.

Xiao was also responsible for making sure you ate everyday. So, if you tried to skip out on dinner he'd knock on your door and leave a tiny note telling you to eat with some type of fast food included. He took good care of you. Way better care than Scaramouche. Scaramouche would let you starve and laughed while eating something in his car. All was well until Bennett found him at your front door leaving food one-day.

"Who are you?"

"..."

Xiao literally walked away not saying a word. He pretended he wasn't even seen. Bennett was confused. Was that your boyfriend or something? Oh no.. Why was he so hot? Hopefully it wasn't... Bennett couldn't compete with tattoos and someone who's genuinely as pretty as that man. He bit his lip and went back into his apartment to cuddle with Lucky.

He carefully stepped away from the house stalking from a healthy distance, only for someone to bump into his back, "Sorry! I didn't notice- Xiao?" You weren't inside the apartment. When did you leave? Did you leave when he was getting you food? He needed to pay much more attention to you from this point on..

"[Name]?"

"Hey! I haven't seen you in a while! I bought some Almond tofu. Want to share it?" He was extremely hesitant on doing anything with you. Anything. He wanted to just look after you healthy rather than have a friend based relationship. Partly because he had a feeling Zhongli or Childe would have something to say about him dating you.

"No."

"Why not? It's just lunch! I bought two orders! Just eat them with me!" Tempting. Very tempting. He supposed that one tiny day spent with you couldn't hurt. He was hungry anyways and didn't want to hear you beg anymore.

"Fine. I'm just here for the tofu"

He ended up listening to you talk about your ex's for two hours straight. Just random bullshit. He didn't mind. He loved- Well- didn't exactly love. He would enjoy listening to anything you had to say. If it satisfied you, it got him paid-

"And.. I recently met someone named Albedo. He's super.. how do I describe this...? He just has this vibe that gives off a large lack of emotion, but at the same time he's emotional? Does that make sense? He likes chemistry and alchemy. He's really interesting."

"How long have you known him? When did you meet?" Xiao didn't even realize how quickly the words slipped out his mouth, he only got a reply from you. He didn't want to pry you for an answer, but he didn't really have a choice.

"Not that long? Maybe a week or two?"

"Are you dating.. or?"

"No, no, no! Of course not.. not yet." Not good. He liked seeing you happy, but you couldn't be around other men. It's just something he was assigned to do. Him, Childe, and Zhongli were privileged. They could talk to you all they wanted. They could interact with you all they wanted, but other people had to keep their distance. He made sure of it. They made sure of it.