[16] Day

Unedited.

Iron pooled in your mouth as you practically chewed through your tongue, the once copper taste you could've enjoyed at one point went bitter. The taste made you sick to your  stomach as you let out hushed whimpers, curled against a wall, tucked away in the alley. You didn't dare utter a word, yet you still couldn't manage to keep quiet with all your hushed hisses in pain.

Squeezing onto your stomach lightly trying to soothe the aching. You only hoped to finally get out of this. You had gotten so far. You broke bones. You had others break them for you. You've fallen, but you've gotten back up. You just couldn't move anymore. This was it. You breathed through your teeth, leaving out a tired sigh.
The more you blinked the slower time went. Each duration shorter then the last, the weight getting heavier by the second.

You knew it would be a bad idea, but you needed a rest. It's just that soothing feeling of being heavy eyed then finally crashing into a slumber would be nice. You wanted to sleep.
You let out ragged breaths, beginning  to finally give into the temptation of darkness. Welcoming the soft black color that'd cloud the world whenever you closed your eyes. The noises went quiet with the only sound calling you being the rain and your body luring you in like a siren to sleep.

Each raindrop careful and quiet. Until, a loud splash of a puddle that set the rhythm off. Your eyes snapped wide open, dating around in search of the noise. Not now. This wasn't it. Not yet. The sounds of shoes clicking against the ground made you fear for what was next. How could fate curse you so? Gods twisted fate was awful. You just wanted a rest. You can't rest. Whatever curse you had wouldn't let you.

You don't get those privileges here. They stepped closer and closer until they slowed down as they neared directly in front of you. You felt around the ground lightly, grabbing a broken shard of glass even if it dug into you skin. It was better then nothing. The grip you had loosing and tightening as your body began to reject your pleas of staying awake.

The edges digging into your skin as the final puddle that splashed in from of you made you reflexively throw the shard of glass like a dagger watching it fly right past the target and shatter against the alleys wall. The glass shattered like everything else in your life. You could only remember everything at once. Your trauma and joy. Your good times and bad times. The glass was your last shred of a chance and

It missed.

You dropped your head lowly, looking at the floor before taking one last glance up to see the person that decided your fate. The thing that met your eyes felt more comforting then any deep blue sea. Those eyes. How you loved them so. How you loved them now more then ever. The dull blue color laced with worry, concern, hurt, everything. You adored them in this moment.

"[Name]!?"

You needed that gaze the most. You flinched at you were forced into a tight hug, squeezing you painfully tightly. The ginger held onto you like you were his everything, trembling hands running through your hair, down your back, squeezing everything and anything.

You couldn't utter a word to your brother. You didn't know what to say. Childe felt sick, seeing you in such a way. He couldn't protect you. It was his fault why you couldn't. It's his fault you couldn't run, his fault because he couldn't do what he promised to you. What he promised to himself. He wanted to be a good brother, but in the end, he just ended up hurting you.

"Talk to me please. Say something. Anything, just tell me you are okay." He murmured why he listened to your uneven breathing. The way your hands and wounds puffed up in a sickening manner made him crave getting back at who would cause such a thing to happen. Who could do such a thing to you.