Chapter Three |Meet The Teacher|

Okay, in hindsight, Keith didn't think that Lance was the friend Hunk always talked about.

After that day in the store, Hunk and Keith found each other again and Hunk seemed really chill about the fact that Keith and his band were literal pop stars. They finally exchanged numbers and Hunk offered swimming lessons when Keith had mentioned he wanted to swim but didn't know how.

"My friend and I just started giving classes too! The submissions closed yesterday but I'm sure he won't mind." Hunk says as the walk towards the ocean. Keith think for a moment.

"If you don't mind me asking but what's your friend's name?" Hunk smiles.

"His name's Lance."

What.

Keith stops. Hold on. His soon to be teacher is Lance? As is Lance, the marine biologist, Lance a.k.a Sharpshooter on YouTube, Influencer Loverboy on Instagram? Oh fuck. Shit. Fuck.

"Is there something wrong with that?" Hunk asked, suddenly guarded and Keith assumed he had an offronted look on his face.

"Oh, no! I-I uh didn't expect and influencer to be my teacher. Just nerves."

Nerves didn't even begin to describe what was going on in Keith's stomach and chest.

"Ah. I guess being a pop star doesn't mean anything. You're still a person." Keith rose a brow.

"What do you mean?"

"You and your band are probably known across the world making songs and stuff but your nervous about meeting an Instagram influencer."

Keith nods. Yeah, he could understand that. He spots a particularly good wage and his eyes widen. There's Lance in all his hot glory, riding the wave. He looks like he's having the time of his life. When the wave is about to settle, Lance takes a flip off it.

"Woah," Keith unknowingly grins, watching Lance as he finds a big enough wave and goes through the tunnel, making it out with another flip. Hunk snorts.

"Don't be too struck. He's a show off." Yeah, Keith noticed. And he thinks he likes it. Lance was amazing in the flesh too. He just hoped Lance wasn't like his other fans. He just wants another fan like Hunk for once.

Turns out, Lance was just as chill as Hunk was. He did have a lot of confidence and Keith realized that he actually was a show off and not just in the water. Once ashore, Lance made a beeline for Hunk. When he noticed Keith, his eyes widened.

"You weren't kidding. You did meet him." Keith sheepishly smiles and holds out a hand. Lance smiles and shakes it. "Lance, nice to meet you. I like your new song."

Keith nods but doesn't speak. He leans against his board looking over Keith. "Hey Hunk didn't submissions close on Thursday? We're not supposed to be taking students."

Hunk throws and arm around Keith and startles him. Keith may be social with part of his band but that's because he's known them for so long. He doesn't know Hunk or Lance that well. He's still adjusting.

"Come on Lance. He's your favorite pop star. You can't not give him lessons. He's coming to you specifically. Doesn't that make you his number one pick?" Lance does shift at that, like he's considering. Keith has mixed feelings. On one hand he's nervous for having Lance as a teacher seeing as he likes him but on the other he's actually not that uncomfortable around him. Keith's nervous around all fans but with Hunk and Lance, they're nice, quiet.

He can hear himself think and they treat him like a normal person. Like he doesn't have a pop star status at all.

"He still has to pay." Keith sighs in relief closing his eyes. He smiles hopefully up at Lance.