A Tiger's Story..

"Atsushi-kun, what's that book about?" Kaori asked, as Atsushi placed down the book he just finished.

"Oh, just an old story about fighting and stuff. I read it before when I was in my Orphanage." He replied, handing it to her. Kaori read the title, 'Men to Create', she thought it was a rather weird title but it still drew her in.

"Eh? It doesn't look too long.."

"Well Kaori-chan you read way more longer books then I do. So books that are long to me might just be little children's books to you."

"Ah I see." She then opened the book and started reading just as Dazai walked in.

"Yo you two~"

"Hello Dazai-san."

"Hi daddy!" Kaori giggled, as Dazai walked over to her and hugged her tightly. He then noticed the book in her hands and started reading it as well.

"Hm? Did Ranpo give you this book?" He asked, looking at Kaori now.

"Nope! Atsushi-kun did! He said he read it when he was in his Orphanage." 

"Oh really? What made you read a book like this Atsushi?" He asked, as he continue reading.

"Oh well-someone actually told me about it, and so when I found it I instantly decided to read it."

"Eh? It's not really a happy story.."

"Hm? You read it before Dazai-san?"

"Mhm, someone I knew showed it to me one day..." 

"Osamu! You should read this book, it made me cry five times already!"

"Eh? Well I guess the people we knew had the same taste huh?" 

"Wait Atsushi...there's some writing here that doesn't look like it belongs." Kaori showed Atsushi the book,  he looked down at the words and his eyes widen.

"I...I never noticed that before..." he grabbed the book and examined it, "I didn't think she actually wrote it in here.."

"She?" Dazai titled his head.

"Oh uh-this person who told me about the book."

"Oooo! Tell us Atsushi!"

"Tell you? Tell you what?"

"About that person!" Kaori said, "I wanna know more about them!"

"Me too~" Dazai grinned, "Better then doing work."

Atsushi glared at him as he said that, but as he looked at Kaori's pleading eyes he instantly gave in. Sitting back down in his seat as he placed the book down on his desk.

"Fine I'll tell you."

Kaori and Dazai scooted a little closer to Atsushi, looking like kindergarteners listening to a story from their teacher.

"It was about...five years ago..."

▪▪▪

The little boy continued to cry as his hand started stinging with pain. He was being punished again, for something that he knew he never did. But then again in this hell house...

The truth meant nothing..

"You little prick!" The man yelled, slapping him across the face as hard as he could.

The boy, Nakajima Atsushi, continued to cry. Touching his now swollen cheek as the man pulled him away from his spot. Atsushi tried pulling and kicking himself out of the man's grip, but it was useless. The man opened the door to the yard outside and made his way towards a tree.