The Stories of a True Friend..

"Atsushi-kun..." Kaori mumbled, as she looked around the office.

"Hm? What's the matter Kaori-chan?" He asked, giving her his full attention

"Have you seen my daddy?" 

"Dazai-san? He and Kunikida had a job to do today, he should be back by noon though."

Kaori looked down at the ground which made Atsushi feel a little sad. If anything, Kaori hated being separated from her dad for a long period of time. She even cried on her first day of school, not wanting to leave Dazai's arms.

"Okay.."

"Did you need something? I may not be your dad but I can still help." Atsushi smiled.

"Well....I wanted to go and see someone today."

"See someone? A friend?" 

Kaori nodded, "I guess you could say that." She replied.

Atsushi didn't know why she said it like that but decided to just roll with it anyway. Placing his work aside as he stood up.

"Alright then, let's go!"

▪▪▪

"Here Atsushi-kun." Kaori said, stopping in front of a certain grave. Atsushi was rather shocked that this was the place Kaori was talking about..

He knelt down and glanced at the grave, "S Oda, who's that?"

"My dad's friend.."

Atsushi nodded, "Ah..." 

Sakunosuke Oda, or as Dazai used to call him, Odasaku. A lowly grunt for the Port Mafia, the one who would get all the jobs that no one else wanted. But four years ago he died while there was a fight out between the Port Mafia and a certain gang called Mimic.

"Dad...would tell me stories.." Kaori whispered, as she gently patted the grave. "Stories of how this man lived, dreamed, and how he made my dad's life more colorful and fun...it always made me cry whenever daddy told me the stories. Cause I could feel how much he missed him." She said.

Atsushi could already imagine it. The way Dazai might smile while telling the story...but in reality it pained him...to be reminded of something he lost...

"Really? You mind telling me some of the stories?" 

Kaori nodded with a smile, as Atushi and her sat next to the grave.

"Hmm...why don't I start with these stories...my three most favorite ones."

▪▪▪

"Bwahahah! Odasaku, you really do know how to make my day!" A young man, Dazai Osamu, laughed as he placed his drink down.

"Really? I find myself rather plain."

"Ahhh-no no Odasaku!" Dazai pointed his finger at Odasaku, "You take that back or I shall cast a spell on you!" He grinned.

Sakunosuke Oda was sitting next to him, listening to his friend acting like a fool. But he enjoyed it, enjoyed the time he had with him.

"Really? What spell?"

"The truthy, puthy, yuthy spell!" He cheered.

"Ah, interesting." 

"I cast this spell on youuu~" he started waving his hands in the air, "AoooAooo! I cast this spell on youu!" He then clapped his hands together with a smile.

"You casted it?"

"Mhm! Now you no longer think bad of yourself!" 

"I see....I think it worked."