Spark...

Atsushi sighed as he cradled a sleeping Kaori in his arms. Poe had said that Ranpo asked him and Dazai to do this case for while he was busy and out of town. They didn't give any details, only that it'll take them awhile to come back....and that no one is to follow or call them until they say it's okay.

They had only left a few moments ago however, because Kaori refused to let Dazai go. It seemed as if she too had noticed something was different about Poe and Dazai as they finished their chat earlier...

But Dazai ended up persuading her and soothing her to sleep before he and Poe left.

"Sorry Atsushi-kun, we'll be back."

"Dazai-san....." Atsushi sighed, a feeling of worry swarming over him. Kaori's head titled slightly, nuzzling her cheek on Atsushi's shoulder. He glanced down at her and smiled, the wave of worry he felt starting to dissappear. Of course Dazai would be back...

So Kaori can have a reason to smile when she wakes up...

"Don't worry Kaori," he whispered, as he nuzzled her on the forehead, "Dazai-san will be back very soon." He said. 

He then glanced at the door one last time before turning around and carrying Kaori back to the office...

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Dazai looked down at the map in his hand as Poe patted Carl on the head. The two of them continued their journey on figuring out this case. Sadly though, they haven't gotten close to figuring out anything yet.

"Hmm...maybe this way?" Dazai scratched his head.

"A-Are we lost Dazai-san?"

"No no, I know this city too well to get lost in it." Dazai chuckled as he turned in an alley and Poe followed. "I'm trying to think of places the murder might strike next, then set a trap." He said, a grin appearing on his face.

"T-Trap?" 

Dazai nodded and stopped, turning around to face Poe. "Mhm, however..." his smile seemed to frighten Poe a little.

"H-However?" Poe gulped.

Dazai clapped his hands together, "I need a bait!"He said, his tone cheerful.

"Oh...but where-," Poe stopped, realizing now what he meant. He sighed and felt like he wanted to cry. "Why me....?" He cried.

"Don't worry Poe-kun." Dazai said, as he continued walking. 

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Poe walked slowly down the alley, twiddling his fingers as he glanced at the area around him. He then turned down the alleyway but stopped. Someone was there....but he couldn't see their face. But for some reason he knew that the person was looking at him. Poe slowly backed away, the person following him slowly.

"U-Um....hi?" Poe whimpered, as sweat dripped down his cheek. But the person didn't answer, instead they sped up. 

"W-WOAH!" Poe ducked, barely missing the knife that the person had tried to stab him with. Poe rolled away and tried running away but tripped on his shoe. "S-Shit!" He glanced back and the person had already got back up and started making their way towards Poe.

"W-WAIT I-I'M NOT THE ONE YOU WANT!" Poe cried, but the person obviously didn't listen. Kinfe raised they slammed their hand down right on-

"Hold on there." A peice of metal was thrown at the person, knocking the knife out of their hand. They turned only to get kicked in the face by Dazai. They fell backwards in shock, Dazai then walked over to the person and stepped on their hand, stepping on it hard enough to make the person groan.