The Truth in His Words...

"Checkmate!" Ranpo cheered. Kaori sighed and lifted her hands up in defeat.

"You win again Ranpo-san.." she sighed.

"Hehe." Kaori then started setting up the game again for them to play.  It was a normal evening at the Armed Detective Agency. Everyone was doing work while Kaori and Ranpo were playing chess. 

Ranpo had come back from a case about an hour ago and decided to play against Kaori in chess. Since they've started Ranpo had won every single game.

"Kaori I'm sure you'll beat me soon," Ranpo grinned, "that last game you were pretty close." 

Kaori nodded, "I'll be sure to beat you this time!"

"Oho, well bring it on!"

But at that very moment, the door to the Agency opened. A woman walked in with a smile on her face. Kaori watched her as she walked towards Atsushi's desk.

"Hello Atsushi-kun!" She smiled.

"Hm? Oh! Hello there Remy-san!"

Ranpo glanced at Kaori, she didn't seem to care the woman was there at the moment anymore.

"Hi Kaori-chan!" Remy smiled. Her long black hair going down her back, she wore a bright pink dress, and had glasses that covered her hazel eyes.

"Hi..."

"Have you seen your dad anywhere? I was looking for him."

Kaori clenched her fist, "No...I haven't."

But at that moment, Dazai entered the room. He stretched his arms before yawning loudly. "Helloo." He said.

"A-ah! Dazai-san.." 

"Hey! Dazai-san!" Remy waved at him, Dazai glanced at her and instantly smiled.

"Oh, hello Remy-chan!" 

Kaori watched as Remy walked towards her father...

At the two of them smiling....

It's almost been a year since her father met Remy. They met on accidnet one time and they suddenly became friends. She even tried coming to Kaori's birthday, but couldn't cause she had to stay late at work. But she ended up giving her a small gift the next day..

A Gorilla plushy...

But Kaori hated Gorillas....then again she never told Remy that...

But she always didn't really like Remy. Always hanging out with her father like she knew him so well..

"Oh yes! Kaori-chan," she walked over to her now, "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and your father to a party?"

Kaori felt her eye twitch, "You...and my father....party?" 

Remy titled her head in confusion before saying, "Yeah! We were gonna go to a banquet with a few of my friends, if you wanted-,"

"No thanks. I enjoy eating at home." Kaori replied, moving her piece on the chess board.

"O-Oh...but I'm sure you'll have-,"

"Ranpo-san it's your turn." 

Kaori tried her best to ignore Remy and put her attention on the chess game instead. Ranpo noticed and sighed, moving his piece.

"Darling, Remy was talking to you." Dazai said. Kaori bit her lip before turning back to Remy.

"Sorry....I was rude."

"No no It's okay-," 

"But I still don't want to go....sorry." 

There was an awkward silence, Remy stood up and nodded. Dazai sighed as Atsushi walked between Remy and Kaori.