The Right Way...

Odasaku stood there, checking his watch constantly as it barely made any change. Then a few moments later after he checked his watch for the 50th time the bell had rung.
Children were running out of class and to their parents, he looked around and saw Hoshi walking out with...a girl?

"I'll see you later Kaori!" he smiled, as the girl waved goodbye to him. Odasaku glanced at the girl for a moment...wondering what about her seemed so familiar.

"Huh, what're you doing here?" he asked, as Hoshi finally reached Odasaku. He then snapped out of his trance and knelt down to meet eye to eye with Hoshi.
"The boss said I have a very important and grueling job today, and I must take you somewhere safe for the moment." he said.

"Huh? What the heck is dad planning now..." he muttered, as Odasaku walked side by side with him.

"Well...it's just time for me to kill the boss's number one enemies basically...that's why it's important you stay safe because I won't be able to watch you."

Hoshi paused, "Dad's....number one enemies?" he asked, as he realized who he was talking about.

Odasaku also stopped and turned around at Hoshi with a deadly stare as he said the name, "Yes, today Osamu Dazai and the Detective Agency shall be no more."

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Mmm! This crepe is so good!" Kaori smiled, as she held Ranpo's hand, Atushi walking on the other side of her. Today Atushi had picked her up from school since Dazai had work to do outside of the office. Apparently, he was meeting with Ango somewhere but didn't give any more details than that. Ranpo decided to tag along because Atushi said he planned to buy her a crepe...which he ended up buying one for Ranpo but he finished it as soon as Kaori finished school.

"I'm glad, hopefully Dazai-san will be back in time so you can hang out with him for a bit before dinner time." he smiled.

"Hey Ri-chan, did anything interesting happen at school today?" he asked, as Kaori took another bite from her crepe.
"Well, I got to hang out with a friend of mines, and I got to teach the class about Polynomials."

"P-Polynomials?" Atushi asked, as he didn't seem to know what that was.

"Hehe, I bet they were too dumb to understand you!" Ranpo cackled, as he patted Kaori on the head with a smile. All of a sudden, his face turned serious, and Atushi too had sensed something. Ranpo grabbed Kaori's hand stopping her.

"Huh...Ranpo-san?"

"You sense it right Atushi..?" he asked, as he looked around.

"Mhm, seems we're being watched..." he said, as he got into a defensive position. The two of them looked around at the park surrounding them. There were a few people walking around but no one suspicious was in eyesight...

That's when Atushi heard something, "RANPO-SAN DUCK!" he then jumped and pushed Ranpo and Kaori to the ground, making them dodge what seemed to be a bullet. He looked up and saw someone in the shadows of the trees.

"Who are you?!" he yelled, as he and Ranpo guarded Kaori.

"......I missed." the person then jumped right at Atushi, leaving him no time to react.
"AUGH-," Atushi cried, as he was pummeled to the ground.

"Atsushi!" Kaori cried, as the figure who was covered head to toe in black attire tried to stab him with their knife, but Atushi held them back with his hand.

"R-Ranpo-san-RUN AWAY!"

But the figure instead hit Atushi with their free hand causing him to flinch.
"UGH-,"
The figure then jumped off of Atushi and aimed right for Ranpo, knife pointing right at him.