Us Losers..

"Ugh-so stupid!" The boy spat, as he kicked the girl who was on the ground in front of him. His friends laughed as the girl wiped her leg. Blood coming off of it and on to her hands.

"Stupid Kaori, you can't even afford to buy new clothes once in awhile?" One of the girls giggled.

"True, she always comes with the same rags everyday!"

"Her parents must be broke! You poor thing." They all cackled as Kaori stood up, dusting herself off.

"Are you done? If you are then I'm gonna leave." Kaori said, as she made her way out of the hallway. But she flinched as she felt one of them pull her back, the girl who laughed at her ealier.

She then slapped Kaori across the face a few times before pushing her to the ground..

Bullying...

Kaori was used to it. Being smart wasn't always a good thing..

Kids would always find her and bully her, thinking it was all fun and games. All just because she was smarter...better then they were..

"Dummy! We aren't done here!" She snickered, as she kicked Kaori in the guts.

"Maybe after a few more punches, we'll let you go." 

Kaori slolwy sat up and wiped her dirty face. Holding her bag tightly as the kids started kicking and punching her again.

"STAY IN YOUR OWN GRADE!"

"WE DON'T NEED SMARTASSES LIKE YOU!"

"GO FALL IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE AND BE A SMARTASS THERE!"

"......"

She didn't do anything..

For some reason she just couldn't bring herself to do anything...

She just sat there....and let them beat her....

▪▪

The sun started to set as Kaori walked home, she lightly limped as she walked. Ignoring the stares and whispers as she passed by. She tried her best to hide the bruises and cuts on her body, but some were still visible. 

"Dang it....excuse...I need a excuse.." she mumbled.

Her father and everyone at the Agency, didn't know that these things happened to her. She'd always lie, saying she fell or tripped..

But with these bruises...

"Hm...maybe a cat?" She whispered, as she entered the building and made her way up the stairs. Taking a deep breath she put on a smile and opened the door.

"Hello!" She said. 

"Hi Kao-WOAH-WHAT HAPPENED?" Atsushi cried, as he ran to her and examined her visible bruises.

"Oh-um...A cat."

"Cat?" 

"Mhm, I tried to help a cat but ended up falling off a tree it was stuck on." Atsushi shook his head as he grabbed a rag from his pocket, and walked towards a sink with Kaori following him.

"Oh..what will your fa-,"

"I'm back!" To Atsushi and Kaori's dismay, Dazai walked in...

"Jeez that was some difficult work!" He glanced at Kaori, it only took him a second to see the bruises and cuts. His eyes widen as he ran towards Kaori, examining them.

"Oh darling....what happened?" He cried.

"C-Cat...I tried to save a cat from a tree..and fell." Dazai squinted his eyes sadly, as he kissed the bruises on his daughter's left arm.