2- Truths

I answered the door to a large man. I sniffed the air but couldn’t distinguish the smell. But it didn’t seem familiar. “Hello? May I ask what you want?”

He looks above me to see in the house. “Your alone I presume?” I nodd. “I am here for a Miss… Whisper Woods.”

I smell the air again. No changes. “That’s me. What the hell do you want? And who the hell are you?”

He looked in my eyes. “That is unimportant. Let me in where we can talk and then I’ll answer.”

I laughed. “After the day I’ve had no man is stepping over my threshold till I say. And I’m not going any permission till I have a reason and a name.”

He growled. It surprised me because it sounded like an animal growl. “Miss Woods. I am here to discuss business and if you don’t let me in then you could be in great danger and not by me.”

I don’t budge. “I was raped this morning if you want in you better come up with something better because you are really wearing out my patience.”

He growled and looked around. He even twitched his ears! The man gave me a serious look. “I am Alex. I am here for your safety and we really need to discuss the issue in your apartment. Not in the hallway for eavesdroppers.”

I sigh and open the door. Once he was in I lock the 5 locks on the door.  I go to the kitchen and slip my pocket knife into my pocket. He sits on my couch and looks around before focusing on me. “How much do you know about your father’s death and the events of that day?”

The memory of my mother telling me the story of his death flashed through my mind. “My mother told me that when she was pregnant with me, her and my dad had a visitor. He attacked and killed my dad and bit my mother. The reporters said it was a mass murderer who had been killing families while playing as a vampire. They also said he was a lunatic and was found dead a few years ago.”

Alex, if that’s his real name, sighs and looks away. “Well this murderer, he was a Vampire. And your mother was bitten while pregnant. Most people change or die after a bite. But it was a light bit and because of your immune system it held the venom away. Your mother did die from it but not the normal way. Instead of attacking the heart the venom attacked her brain. While through some miracle you were completely unaffected.”

My wolf whispered to me through my thoughts. ‘Don’t tell him anything about me or the change. Don’t say a peep about anything weird from your past. It will endanger us. Even if he tells us everything about himself, don’t give any information out about me.’ I ok her and look at the man.

“Ok… So vampires are real. I don’t have any proof and neither do you.” My comment seemed to confuse him momentarily.

He sighed and stood up. “I could prove that werewolves exist. I am one. But you don’t have clothes for me to change into after I shift. So you will have to trust me. I am here to clear the air and explain to you that the Dark world has sent a vampire to kill you. The Dark world is what we call ourselves. Witches, Vampires, Werewolves and Shifters are all Dark world members. The head is run by Vampires currently and they believe you to be a threat of some kind. I don’t smell vampire on you so I figured you could run and find help. I can’t help because I don’t have a pack. But I hear that there is a pack in Canada that is rebelling from the vampires. They may offer you shelter.”

I looked at him. “Why should I trust you and why should I move across the country because of some vampires when I’m human?”

He growled. “Fine the whole truth is your father was a werewolf. He was an Alpha who ditched his pack for your mother who was human. The vampires think that you could be some vampire monster. You smell human but they would kill you anyways. If you are then you would be valuable to the rebellion.”